SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Rick,

Actually, what I was hoping for was a dmesg output for the loading of the tuner separate. Maybe blacklist both saa7134 and saa7134_dvb so they don't load up front. Then load them manually with the settings above.

Thanks,

B
Old 07-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Hi Rick,

Actually, what I was hoping for was a dmesg output for the loading of the tuner separate. Maybe blacklist both saa7134 and saa7134_dvb so they don't load up front. Then load them manually with the settings above.

Thanks,

B
Hey B,

I did have them loading in modules, I took them out. I hav attached 2 dmesg files, 1 is before using the commands you gave me and 1 is after using the commands you gave me. These are after a reboot without Sage running.

Thank you for looking!

Rick
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg-b4.txt (32.0 KB, 209 views)
File Type: txt dmesg-after.txt (33.8 KB, 194 views)
Old 07-14-2007, 05:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Rick,

Sorry, I have been busy with work. Would you post your kernel .config file from your source tree? Have you tried tuning the card independent of SageTV?

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.ph...our_DVB_device

Thanks,

B
Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Rick,

Sorry, I have been busy with work. Would you post your kernel .config file from your source tree? Have you tried tuning the card independent of SageTV?

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.ph...our_DVB_device

Thanks,

B
Hey B,

Sorry, I've been gone myself. I broke down and went back to Windows XP for the main HTPC at home that I was trying to get this working on. I am going to use my Linux license on another Ubuntu box but I couldn't take the complaining from the natives anymore. Thank you for your help!

Rick
Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranockcir View Post
Yep, I had seen the thread but it dealt with SD so I didn't try it. I can see the cable fine on the PVR 500 and the 150. Since you suggested it though I did try it today with the same result though. In my searching for the answer I think the problem is only with Ubuntu. It seems lots of people have the A180 working with other flavours of Linux and MythTV.
I hadn't been following the forums here too closely lately, but I wanted to chime in here with a clarification just in case there are others in your situation. Or if you try to do the Ubuntu thing again (I saw in a later post that you switched your setup back to Windows.)

The referenced thread did concern both analog and digital tuning, but it's not very obvious since it started out with the analog tuning problem (which got resolved quickly) and then I switched to talking about the digital tuning problem, which had a different solution.

If your cable provider uses the HRC frequency layout the analog and digital channels both use the HRC layout. If you can tune the analog channels with your PVR-150 or 500 without tweaking tuning_mode to "HRC" then your digital tuning problems are probably unrelated to the frequency layout.

If your provider does use HRC, the important thing to note is that (as of SageTV 6.1.9.1) there was a bug in the digital channel scan that prevented it from seeing ANY channels if your provider uses HRC.

There is a fix for this (a library update, not a settings tweak). I assume the updated code is in the 6.2.x beta, but I have not installed it yet.

--John