SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help - Hauppauge PVR-150 Stopped Working

I've been running a Hauppauge PVR-250 and PVR150 in the same Sage server for a couple of years. Today I received an STB and tried to hook up the IR blaster from the 150. Through trial and error and with the help of this site, I found out I won't be able to easily (if at all) get the blaster to work.

So I decided to go back to basic cable while I do more research. Part of my troubleshooting was to reinstall all the 150 software. Now my 150 doesn't work anymore. When I try to add the 2nd source in Sage, the TV tuner shown during the add just shows static. My first source, the 250, works fine.

Any help would be great appreciated.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Sage Icon

I would try uninstalling all of the drivers and starting from scratch-one card at a time. Maybe install the 150 first and see what happens. Get that working in sage then add the 250.

FWIW-i was able to get a 150 and a roslyn working (similar driver issues where the blaster wouldn't work) by installing the roslyn first (you would install the 250 first), and configuring that in sage. Then, disable it in device manager. Install the 150 and configure blaster in sage. Then enable the Roslyn/250. Worked for me but i know it hasn't worked for others so YMMV.

Good luck
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
I would try uninstalling all of the drivers and starting from scratch-one card at a time. Maybe install the 150 first and see what happens. Get that working in sage then add the 250.

FWIW-i was able to get a 150 and a roslyn working (similar driver issues where the blaster wouldn't work) by installing the roslyn first (you would install the 250 first), and configuring that in sage. Then, disable it in device manager. Install the 150 and configure blaster in sage. Then enable the Roslyn/250. Worked for me but i know it hasn't worked for others so YMMV.

Good luck
Juc
Thanks, that might be the route I take. Originally, I had the 250 working fine then a year later installed the 150 w/o any problems what so ever. I was trying to decide which one to install first (from scratch) and was thinking the 150 since I want to use the blaster. I thought about trying to get that all working then try to install the 250.

Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I removed both cards and installed the 150 and it's working. Now I'm running into an issue with the blaster and my STB. The front of the STB says General Instrument but the model number on the bottom looks like it's a Motorola DCT2244 which according to the Hauppauge web site isn't among those supported.

Anyone run into this and solved it?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage User

does the STB have a serial port? if so you may be able tune via the serial port
using the DCT2000 plugin and MultiDCTTuner.

I have a 2425 and it works great
Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got a new STB (DTC6200) and the blaster works using the Hauppauge configuration utility. I also confirmed the blaster works using the Hauppauge WinTV program.

I added my 150 to Sage and selected the Hauppauge IR Blaster in the Source setup as the tuning plugin in step five. The next step I see is step 7. Should I have seen step 6 where I select the type of cable box?

I ask because when I watch live TV, I see whatever channel the cable box is tuned to. Using the Hauppauge remote to change channels has no affect. I see the bottom display reflect the changed channel, but the channel never changes.

Edit - I tried to change channels from the server (I was configuing from my MVP) where the STB is and when I change channels I don't see the blaster flashing. So I must be missing a config somewhere in Sage.

Thoughts?

Last edited by davidjames; 06-29-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks this post in the Software forum I found my problem.

Now I just need to figure out how to pass arrow keys through. Then I'll try to install my 250 card and see if that screws up the 150 blaster.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's my latest challenge with using my PVR-150 attached to an STB via it's IR Blaster. I have no problems watching live TV on either my MVP or directly on the server using Sage. Today I recorded a channel I've watched. But when I play it back, the recording is all pixilated. That happens both on my MVP and when watching it via Sage on the server.

Any thoughts?