SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
Please let us know what it going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy View Post
Against their policy
And, they are busy working to release 6.2. No HD extender untill after that is done I'm betting.

Scott
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy View Post
Against their policy
They have a policy where they don't give estimated release dates? Fine. But they already went against that policy by giving a estimate of Q2. Now that is past and not a word. I don't expect a new date, but when they knew they were going to miss it they could have let us know and said they weren't sure when it is going to be out.

Instead, in an apparent attempt to avoid having people go in a different direction, they have decided to keep us in limbo. And a company I used to hold in the up most respect, I now think of with a frown on my face.

In the end though, I will still buy one because I like the software and want to rid my self of the HTPC in my family room. If I was a potential customer watching this situation though... I would definitely have taken my business elsewhere.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE=nlancaster;231190]I am almost considering going to Windows MCE so that I can use an HD extender to my HDTV. Come on Frey we need QUOTE]

I know we are all waiting for these hd extenders. but I would not go back to MCE. I tried that a few weeks ago, its not fun, and is a big dissapointment once you realize what you are missing from sagetv.

I guess, we will have to continue to be patient.. sigh.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso View Post
They have a policy where they don't give estimated release dates? Fine. But they already went against that policy by giving a estimate of Q2. Now that is past and not a word. I don't expect a new date, but when they knew they were going to miss it they could have let us know and said they weren't sure when it is going to be out.
Narflex did say in one post that they are still working on it..... so it's not like there wasn't a word...

By using common sense, you can see that DVB-S was to be out last March but got out in June. Maybe the MAC support took more resources than expected and as such everything else got pushed back. It is probably reasonable to expect that the HD extender will be next out. ie after the end of the 6.2 beta. This could mean a 6.3 or 7.0 beta in September or shortly thereafter.

How's that for speculation .......