SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

Love the new search

But I am wondering how to get rid of past airings? or at least filter them out?
When I want to search TV for shows to record/watch, why would I want a past airing to display?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
But I am wondering how to get rid of past airings? or at least filter them out?
Hmmm... I didn't foresee that question. Currently, you can't filter out the TV search results like that.

Quote:
When I want to search TV for shows to record/watch, why would I want a past airing to display?
The past airings could still be useful for adding Favorites, checking/clearing Watched status, etc.

BTW: if you search Videos, you will get results for both recordings and imported videos, not just imported videos.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

I hope that filtering out past arinings will be added at some point...

Quote:
BTW: if you search Videos, you will get results for both recordings and imported videos, not just imported videos.
That's cool since I do not leave recordings in the recordings folder for very long...

Thanx Andy.

I just hope that I can get this search to work with Dynamic Menus...
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
I just hope that I can get this search to work with Dynamic Menus...
Until Niel makes an update for a default layout, you should be able to just add it as a menu item, right? I don't know when Niel will be updating it because the menus are still being tweaked as the beta continues, so they could easily change more in the future. Edit: Oh, I'm sure you will see it, but here you go.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Sage Expert

I, too, like the new search; I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.

HOWEVER, (and the crowd groans...), if recorded TV is NOT the same thing as video (from our prior discussions on interface design), why then do I get recorded TV results when searching for video? Just to be sure, I checked to make sure that I didn't have my recording folders marked as imports; I didn't.

If I search for TV, it seems to be a combined version of the EPG & past recordings, which is consistent with the rest of the interface (that's good!). Since the only reference to Video we have in the rest of the interface is Imported Videos, it seems inconsistent to throw TV recording in there as well (that's odd).

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to have a simpler interface where TV and Video were more closely integrated, but I'd prefer a consistent split between TV and Video (like it is now) to a half-way choice in between.

Stu
Old 06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post
HOWEVER, (and the crowd groans...), if recorded TV is NOT the same thing as video (from our prior discussions on interface design), why then do I get recorded TV results when searching for video? Just to be sure, I checked to make sure that I didn't have my recording folders marked as imports; I didn't.
Did you see my above note?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There may be a different way of presenting recordings and imported videos, but they are both videos.

As to the rest, the beta isn't done yet & other changes are still on the to-do list.

- Andy
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Did you see my above note?There may be a different way of presenting recordings and imported videos, but they are both videos.

As to the rest, the beta isn't done yet & other changes are still on the to-do list.

- Andy
Sorry,

At the time I started my post, your reply wasn't there. Frikkin Comcast. Once I got reconnected, I had to rewrite my post, and I didn't really read the ones that had come before. Besides, I still think my point is valid, and who bothers reading anything before they post anyway At least I didn't start another thread about what happens when the free EPG service from Zap2It goes away
Old 06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
At least I didn't start another thread about what happens when the free EPG service from Zap2It goes away
WHAT!?!?!

Does that mean my Sage is gonna stop working ?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
WHAT!?!?!

Does that mean my Sage is gonna stop working ?

not funny
Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Expert

I actually thought it was hilarious; curious as to why you didn't enjoy the joke
Old 06-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I actually thought it was hilarious; curious as to why you didn't enjoy the joke
Perhaps because while the change doesn't affect anyone using SageTV's built-in EPG data, there are a few channels that SageTV doesn't have access to, so there will be some people affected by the end of the Data Direct service.

And, the Zap2it announcement probably sounded quite worrisome to anyone who didn't know where SageTV's built-in data came from. I woldn't blame anyone for wondering if that announcement meant there would be no more EPG data for SageTV.

(BTW: Earlier, I put a link to the Zap2it topic in your previous post just in case someone who didn't know what you were referring to read it... and I didn't feel like replying just to post that link at the time.)

- Andy