SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage User

I stream to ipod touch all the time through sageweb.

It works great! Just login to sageweb, convert a show to one of the ipod formats (I modified the anamorphic settings I found in the forums to trim a bit off the right and left for my hd content) and wait for the conversion to complete.

Once the file has been converted (or a 20-30 minute portion only... cause I can't wait), just use sageweb to browse to the converted file and click on the link to it. For instance, I converted the Cat in the hat for the kids. Sageweb shows me the file like this:

Files:
D:\ImportMedia\IpodVids\Cat.mp4

I just click on it and it plays directly on the ipod touch (or iphone with wifi).
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Sage User

Has anyone else run into the problem where when playing the converted file on an Ipod, it only has sound on one channel?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm considering getting an iPhone myself - does everything on the Sage Webserver play nice with the browser on iPhone? I'm not intersted so much in streaming video as in the administrative stuff (scheduling recordings) and using the web remote to control extenders...

btl.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have no problems using my iPhone with the Sage Web Server.

I use it a lot with the webremote.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chako View Post
It works great! Just login to sageweb, convert a show to one of the ipod formats (I modified the anamorphic settings I found in the forums to trim a bit off the right and left for my hd content) and wait for the conversion to complete.

Once the file has been converted (or a 20-30 minute portion only... cause I can't wait), just use sageweb to browse to the converted file and click on the link to it. For instance, I converted the Cat in the hat for the kids. Sageweb shows me the file like this:

Files:
D:\ImportMedia\IpodVids\Cat.mp4

I just click on it and it plays directly on the ipod touch (or iphone with wifi).
I can't seem to get this to work.. I convert the file to mp4, then find the file using sageweb. But when I click on it with my iPhone, I get messages like "Safari can't download this file". Where exactly do you "click" to play it?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm gonna pass on the iPhone and wait for the HTC Dream later this year. Android is looking like it'll be pretty comparable to the iPhone, and it's an open platform. Plus, I can't bring myself to subscribe to AT&T.

Hopefully Sageweb will work as well on that platform...

Cheers,
Slipshod
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 08-23-2008, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Android is not an open platform, unfortunately. The only open platform I know of is OpenMoko.

B
Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Android is not an open platform, unfortunately. The only open platform I know of is OpenMoko.
open != open-source. It's not open-source or free (as in speech), but it is open in that the vendor does not control (or try to anyway) what applications you can and cannot run on it.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I never said that open == open source. Read up on Android and the disappointment from the development community on lack of exposed APIs, then let's talk.

B