SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage User

USB-UIRT + MCE Remote

I bit the bullet and bought a USB-UIRT. I was able to program the IR blaster with my satellite tuner box IR functions, but haven't tested it yet.

I've got Sage setup to look for MCE Remote commands. In fact, my remote is a Logitech Harmony 680, so I can emulate a lot of different remotes. So, I'm only using the MCE remote commands because I'm switching to Sage from MCE2005.

Keep in mind that I've put away the MS MCE USB IR receiver, because I'm using the USB-UIRT for the same function.

I've backed off the operating system to Windows 2000 Professional, because I was having too many problems with XP MCE.

What I'm finding now is that I can't remote control Sage sending the MCE Remote commands to the USB-UIRT. I'm wondering:

1. Is there a way that I can get the MCE Remote to function with the USB-UIRT receiving the IR commands? If not,

2. What remote should I reprogram my 680 remote to emulate to properly control USB-UIRT and SageTV?

I'm quite fed up with all of this stuff, and have spent a considerable amount of money to work around Sage's limitations. I find it interesting that GB-PVR supports the MCE Remote and IR Blaster natively, yet Sage doesn't.

I'm hoping that someone can provide some assistance here before I abandon Sage for something else (hint, hint).

Thanks for suggestions.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

You have to teach the remote codes to SageTV when using the USB-UIRT; it doesn't automatically recognize any remote codes via the USB-UIRT. So, go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Control Config, then choose the USB-UIRT option. After that, you'll have to link IR codes to the commands you want to use.

Or, continue using the MCE IR receiver for your MCE remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you learn your MCE remote (or your Harmony with the MCE remote commands) to Sage and the USB-UIRT? Yo have to learn whatever remote you're using to Sage through the Commands menu in the Setup menu.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Sage User

Thanks! I didn't know that as a newbie, but was able to program the IR commands for the remote. Now I've got another issue, which I'll post as a separate thread (PlaybackException).