SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Sage User

Advise on my intended system

OK, I have made the decision to try this sageTV out. My system will be:

MSI MB w/P4 2.6 HT
1gig Mem 800 FSB
PVR350
PVR250
Nvidia 4400TI
Various hard drives
Hitachi 51 HDTV
IRman and universal remote
Comcast digital cable

My questions:
I understand I cant show tv on the PVR350 output along with the menu and EGR info?
If so where is my menu and such showin up, on the computer monitor?
If so I will probably choose to use the S-vid output from the video card, how can I force it all to go to my S-Vid instead of the monitor?
Since the answer to all my concerns seem to be in Sage2, how many more months will it be for a release, and since it seems so far off, cant they release the PVR350 OSD changes as a fix as 1.5 to tide us PVR350 owners over?

I tried the PC thing a while back with snapstream, and couldnt get the video to go to the TV without selecting it as primary display, which frustrated me to the point of returning the PVR250. Sage looks more promising, I hope I dont end up back in the return lane.

Thanks for any help,
Sam

Last edited by CaptSammy; 12-27-2003 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

I understand I cant show tv on the PVR350 output along with the menu and EGR info?
Not yet. This feature is suppose to be arriving with SageTV 2.0.

If so where is my menu and such showin up, on the computer monitor?
Your menu will be displayed in the SageTV window on the PC (the one used by the standard Windows decoder).

If so I will probably choose to use the S-vid output from the video card, how can I force it all to go to my S-Vid instead of the monitor?
If you enable the video out on the PVR-350 then you will see the MPEG playback on the S-Video output as well as on the PC's screen. With SageTV 2.0, you should be able to disable the playback on the PC and just go with the hardware decoder in the 350.

Since the answer to all my concerns seem to be in Sage2, how many more months will it be for a release, and since it seems so far off, cant they release the PVR350 OSD changes as a fix as 1.5 to tide us PVR350 owners over?
I think the reason for not releasing a version 1.5 is that it wouldn't really speed things up (the release cycle, at least). Considering the speed with wich SageTV becomes mature enough for a general beta release, you may get the OSD about a month earlier. Unfortunately, you would push back the release of Sage 2.0 (and make even more people unhappy).

My system has two PVR-250s performing my general recording and one PVR-350 for connecting to the TV (via an EPIA based PC, similar to this). I got the PVR-350 in eager anticipation of the OSD becoming available (I hate the quality of software decoders ).