SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Had 6.25 + MPEG4 working perfectly until I installed FFDSHOW for XVID

Last weekend I did a fresh install of Vista, had everything working perfectly as far as HD and H.264 files (Sage properly called the Cyberlink decoder). I had some avi files that used the DIVX/XVID codec so I installed ffdshow from Soundforge.
Now, any h.264 encoded files always try to play with ffdshow instead of using the Haali Splitter / DirectVob.

I am using this client in sage.properties:
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)

I have set the merit filter for this decoder to highest and have rebooted. Any thoughts?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also, when I render a media file it's working fine and using the Cyberlink decoder (With graphedit).
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Sage Expert

Be sure ffdshow isnt setup to play h.264 files. In its video setup you can set any kind of video stream to "disabled".

I really really wish there was a way to manually setup the dshow decoder chain in sagetv. I cant tell you how many times I've been able to playback a vid file just fine in WMP and have problems in Sage.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
Be sure ffdshow isnt setup to play h.264 files. In its video setup you can set any kind of video stream to "disabled".

I really really wish there was a way to manually setup the dshow decoder chain in sagetv. I cant tell you how many times I've been able to playback a vid file just fine in WMP and have problems in Sage.
So which box do I uncheck here?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
So which box do I uncheck here?

Hmm, that looks like a very old version. Uninstall it and get this one: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm