SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

TV Color is too Saturated

Hi - I think this is a sage software setting somewhere. Here's what happens, the color is way too saturated and the brightness and contrast on the TV don't work. But, if I right click on my ATI software icon on the taskbar I can change the saturation from 100% down to 50% and it looks great. However, the moment I stop the show and watch another show, Sage seems to reset the setting back to 100%. How can I keep it at 50% on this one workstation. I don't think the setting would be with the capture cards for two reasons. First, I only want to change it on this one workstation (since I run Sage on a network). Second, it's saturated too much on this one workstation regardless of the tuner card. How can I have sage stop resetting the ATI color saturation back to 100%?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-31-2007, 04:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you try going into Sage-Setup-Setup Video Sources and click on a source and then choose Color Calibration?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

I did not try that but I have a few questions about that. First, I'm assuming I would have to do that for every tuner card. Second, it would seem that if the video is already recorded then going into the video source will not have any effect on that. So, I'm not seeing how that would help. I can go into my ATI Video Card (not capture card) setting on the workstation and change the saturation and it changes it for all videos. I'm thinking maybe I could change something in the decoder settings but otherwise, I can't see why Sage keeps resetting my ATI settings.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-31-2007, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

But if it is the actual recordings that are saturated this will fix it from this point on. Your menus aren't saturated, are they? You're right, it won't help any recordings you already have. But what you're describing happening with the Sage player also happen in Windows Media player, doesn't it? ANd yes you could change the color saturation in your decoder-if you can get to those controls. When you change the color through your video card are you applying it to all channels? My nVida has desktop, overlay or all to choose from.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 08-31-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

The problem is ONLY on that one workstation so I don't think it would make sense to adjust the Video Sources. I"ll see if there are settings for the decoder saturation. I'm using the nVidia decoder.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-01-2007, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

What kind of display device are you using? In the thread title you said "TV color", as if it's a TV. If that's correct, check the color settings on the TV itself. The default for many TVs is oversaturated color, but there's usually a "movie" setting that dials it back a bit for more realistic color.