SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hauppauge remote driving me nuts!

Ok, I just don't get it. I have the latest version of Sage (non-beta), the latest version of the Hauppauge remote drivers, etc; If I am in the WinTV app, the remote works fine. I can use it all day. If I am in Sage, it works for about 3-4 commands and then stops responding entirely. I can't get it to do anything without an IR restart. This is the one thing standing between my HTPC and my Replay. Is it just that the hauppauge remote is crap and I need to ditch it? I don't get why it works so well in WinTV, and so badly in Sage .
Old 12-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Is it possible that you used the remote to put sage to sleep and then used the keyboard to wake sage up? I am aware of problems under that condition if you have made changes to the way the grnpower button works. Otherwise, I have not seen any problems like you describe.
It just occured to me that your problem may be related to sage losing focus but this should also occur with WinTV. I did encounter these problems with Wintv until I realized it was related to WinTV no longer being the active (in focus) program.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Actually... it's very possible I did what you described. Let me play around with that a bit...
Old 12-30-2003, 10:03 AM

madpoet is this in FullScreen Mode or Windows Mode?.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fullscreen. It works a little better now that I have the buttons set to both wake up and sleep it instead of using a keyboard. I'm wondering if it is the focus. I also use an airboard wireless keyboard, and it's possible that it is picking up the signal and shifting the focus somehow.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

If it is the issue I am aware of, then you should be able to use the grnpower button to put SageTV asleep and then awake it with the remote. After that everthing should be fine again. This issue only prevents some buttons such as pause and play from working properly.
I believe the cause of this issue is that awaking SageTV from the keyboard/mouse is not the same as using the grnbutton to awake it.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

I have had similar problems when sage is not in focus, there is a way you can set the default of the hauppauge remote.ini to alt-tab, that way if sage is not in focus, and you have no responce you press a key which does the same as alt-tab in windows, i set the power key and it refocuses sage

Dan
Old 12-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nice suggestion... have to try that.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:32 PM

How do you set the hauppauge remote to wake sage up?

??
Old 12-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

This thread:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...=5133#post5133