SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Placeshifter cannot view FiOS TV

I managed to setup my SageTV HTPC with FiOS TV using the hardware as follows:

- HTPC with Hauppauge MCE500 dual-tuner card
- MCE500 S-video input and Audio connected to FiOS TV Hi-def STB
- MCE500 F-connector connected to coaxial cable of FiOS
- USB-UIRT connected to HTPC (with IR blaster positioned properly in front of STB)
- One tuner of MCE500 configured for 'basic' ('analog') FiOS channels and set to use on-board tuner
- The second tuner of MCE500 conifgured for 'digital' FiOS channels coming on S-Video input and set to use USB-UIRT for channel change

Everything works just fine on the HTPC where the SageTV (server) is running. Placeshifter also works fine as far as viewing the 'analog' channels (lower than 50) on FiOS.

MY PROBLEM
I cannot view live the digital channels of FiOS (channel 50 and greater) on the Placeshifter. When I select any of those channels, I get an error message from Placeshifter saying "There was an error playing XYZ. ERROR (-9) All encoders are in use by clients viewing XYZ"

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you exclude the channels of the first tuner from the second tuner? Other than that, try adjusting the tuner merit of the first tuner so it is preferred over the second tuner.

Or -

When you change channels, press stop then change the channel. If that works, look at your recording options in detailed setup for recording after you change channels and also make sure IR is off.

B
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Sage User

B -

Tried playing around with encoder merit both ways. Still no go.

Any other ideas?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage User

B -

Placeshifter works when ON THE SERVER, I stop viewing TV all together - meaning, stop the recording per your suggestion.

Now, where in the detailed setup is recording options? I can't seem to find that?

I am looking under (Main Menu)Setup -> Detailed Setup.

Thanks