SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question HVR-1600 No signal issue

Hey all,

Has anyone else had issues with their HVR-1600 coming up with "No Signal" when you try to tune an open QAM channel in Sage? I have the latest driver off the Hauppage site, and Sage 6.2.8. I had scanned the channels in Sage 6.2.6, then remapped the physical channel to a lineup with the HD program information for COX. That all worked fine. Then I had problems where I would change to one of the QAM channels in the Sage program guide, and the tuner would either be stuck at the last channel it was tuned to, or it would say "No signal". Each time I could go in and edit the channel lineup, and from there view a QAM channel and it would work fine. Then when I went back to the program guide and tuned from there, it would work OK for awhile and then "No signal" again. After awhile, it just stopped working all together.

I've tried to see if I can tune the channels with WinTV, but I can't seem to get the damn thing to work. It doesn't even seem to see the tuner at all. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Do all your channels do that? I have a couple that do that once in awhile. I have not found the QAM business to be the most stable. At least not on a computer. I have 2 channels (ABC, and Fox) that sometimes will be there, sometimes they won't. I think there are too many variables in how all this is setup and the cable companies are using there own specification that only the cable boxes fully understand. Are you sure you actually have clear QAM channels to watch? I think you will get the same kind of thing if tuning to an encrypted channel. Why do they get scanned in the beginning? I don't know.

Good luck....
Old 09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, all the channels do it now. I know that the channels are really there, because I can switch the input on my plasma and tune to the QAM channel on it, and the channels work fine (same physical channel), and even get signal between 85 and 90%. It really seems like a hauppage drive issue to me, since on the rare occasions when it does work in Sage, it usually ends up that the tuner is stuck on a particular physical channel, no matter what I try to tune to. I'm thinking maybe right now it's just stuck on an encrypted channel or something, I don't know.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I seem to remember mine losing it's mind like that once. It would not scan anything. I can't remember what fixed it but it seems it was something in the Sage.properties file. I was playing around with Sage QAM on a machine that I could afford to destroy if I wanted and not get attacked by my wife, and kids when there stuff didn't record. I either deleted the sage.properties file and let Sage make a new one, then re-scanned for channels. Or I did an HCWclear.exe thing from the Hauppauge driver folder.

Make sure you save your Sage.properties, and Wiz.bin files before you mess with anything. That way it's is easy to put it back if it doesn't help.

HCWclear removes all traces of the Hauppauge driver. Then you can re-install the driver and see if that makes Sage happy.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Talking Fixed

Ok, I'm an idiot. I was trying to input the channels (for re-mapping) into sage as 114.1, etc. When I did it the right way and remapped the physical channel as 114-0-1, it worked like a charm.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Glad ya got it to work
Old 09-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Ok I posted in another thread prior to seeing this one. I am having the exact same issues. I'm not trying to put them in with decimals. I guess my question is do I HAVE to remap them? I didn't remap any after the scan was complete. All the channels look fine in the "View" in channel setup, but when I head out to "watch live tv" I get nothing except snow/static.

If I don't remap them after the scan would it cause this behavior?

Thanks,
-Z
Old 09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes-you need to remap them.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.