SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tooltips occassionally persist in v1.2.4B

Hard to quantify when or how often it happens, but I occassionally notice a tooltip sticking around too long. Is anyone else seeing this? And one thing I never seem to get to work is getting the mouse to disappear.

My method for clearing the sticky tooltip is to 'i' toggle to cause the buttons to appear/disappear and/or jiggle the mouse. That latter trick is likely to get more difficult as I switch from using an RF Keyboard to my IR Pronto for SageTV control.

My method for hiding the mouse is to simply move it off screen. Of course that movement causes the buttons to reappear but a quick 'i' will hide that quickly enough.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:08 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

This just started happening with v1.2.4B?
Old 04-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Sage User

The tool tips also are popping up on me but the mouse is no longer a problem since I went to the beta.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

> This just started happening with v1.2.4B?

Well, I went straight from v1.0 to v1.2.2B then on to v1.2.4B pretty quickly. I didn't ever see it on v1.0 (which I ran for a long time). And I can't say that I ever saw it on v1.2.2B either - though I didn't run that version very long. So, yes, I guess I'd say it appeared with v1.2.4B.

Incidently, I imagine this could have been due to an old Java Runtime, so I made sure I had the latest version downloaded. It turns out I downloaded that update back when you first suggested it several weeks ago.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Re: Tooltips occassionally persist in v1.2.4B

Quote:
Originally posted by edmc
Hard to quantify when or how often it happens, but I occassionally notice a tooltip sticking around too long. Is anyone else seeing this? And one thing I never seem to get to work is getting the mouse to disappear.

My method for clearing the sticky tooltip is to 'i' toggle to cause the buttons to appear/disappear and/or jiggle the mouse. That latter trick is likely to get more difficult as I switch from using an RF Keyboard to my IR Pronto for SageTV control.

My method for hiding the mouse is to simply move it off screen. Of course that movement causes the buttons to reappear but a quick 'i' will hide that quickly enough.
I did, but it would go away if I used the remote. Sometimes, clicking with the mouse didn't make the program accept it for some reason.

Also, one other minor thing, when I go into Advanced Videocard Properties in the Detailed Setup, the pop-up window always disappears and can only be displayed with the Alt-Tab key.

Lauren