SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Audio issues with just one station

Ok, I've narrowed down my issue a little bit so I thought I'd try a post to see if anyone had any ideas. I have Comcast cable, one split of which feeds to my PVR350. Another feeds to my ReplayTV (I can't get rid of it yet... need OSD). My local NBC station has a very odd issue, but only on the PVR350. Any conversation audio is recorded/played as a weird stereo mix that has a delay between left and right speakers. It's like you are in an echo chamber. This happens ONLY on NBC. It also happens only on my 350. My Replay records the station just fine with no audio issues. I know it's the recording that is the problem, because I can play the mpeg file on any other machine not hooked to my stereo and it still had the weird effect.

So... what in the heck is going on here? Both Sage and the Replay use MPEG2 to record (albeit it different quality levels). Why would one have this audio issue and the other not? And what IS the issue? The only thing I can think of that is different about NBC is that it is also the only local station that is in HD on Comcast. But we're not talking about the HD feed, we're talking standard cable. So I am really, really baffeled. Is there anything I can do to help this issue?
Old 01-01-2004, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

It sounds like the 350 is recording the SAP stream instead of the normal audio stream. There have been threads on this, but not sure where right now.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

I thought SAP was Spanish? This is still English, just a weird echo effect.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

SAP is just secondary audio. I recorded something on PBS a while ago and was getting SAP instead of the standard audio. In that case it was descriptive audio, and had some wierd stereo effect. It sounded kind of like it was rotated 90 degrees or the surround info was in the wrong place.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Try this:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=1570
Old 01-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ahhh... yes, that is exactly what I am hearing. Funny, I always thought SAP was Spanish dubs for English shows . So... anyone know a way to fix it?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just beat my post