SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

PVR-150 issue

Hi,
I am a new user to sage and am currently testing it. I have been using BTV for several years now but am starting to grow tired of the lack of upgrades and intergration. So I thought I would give Sage a tryout.

My issue is that I have a Fusion 5 lite, a hauppauge 150, 250 and a 1600.
I got three out of the 4 configured. When trying to add the 150 which is connected to a motorolla STB, it freezes when I tell it to use channel 4 as the locked channel. It does not continue to next screen. I am able to exit the setup, but the card setup is never completed. I have rebooted, but still a no go.

Any ideas why?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Why not use the composite video inputs?

Can't really help you, what you are attempting should work however it's normally not desireable.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
When trying to add the 150 which is connected to a motorolla STB, it freezes when I tell it to use channel 4 as the locked channel. It does not continue to next screen. I am able to exit the setup, but the card setup is never completed. I have rebooted, but still a no go.
I'm curious: does the tuner work correctly if you configure it as a TV tuner connected directly to the cable?

Is there an updated driver for the 150 you could try?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Card works fine with Beyond TV. Have current drivers installed.
Perhaps an order of installation of the cards? I will remove the others then try to configure this one first.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I removed all sources and started with the external tuner card and now it works. I also notice that when I first began setting up STV, the preview window would not display the channel no matter what card I was configuring.
Now that I removed all and redid them it shows the channel.
I also installed the exe tuner plugin to change the motorolla serial port and that works as well.

thanks

Now i need to see what the WAF rating will be compared to BTV. She doesn't like change and after several years of BTV it will be tough.