SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

GUI Hang when watching and a show to be recorded starts (v1.2.4B)

Okay - it just happened again. I think this must be very reproducible.

I have Boston Public scheduled to be recorded starting at 7:57pm tonight on Ch 2. I'm watching FOX-NEWS on Ch 59 at 7:53pm or there abouts.

What also might be interesting is I have two PVR-250s. I've also scheduled Practice to be recorded on Ch 7 starting at 8:57pm tonight - 6 minutes overlapped with the recording of Boston Public (cool!).

Okay, up pops a message saying SageTV will have to change channels in 4 minutes to record Boston Public. Kinda wish it would just move the Tuner I'm viewing (or the Tuner it wants to use) but oh well...

Anyway, this dialog box hangs. No cursor clicks or keyboard commands get me out of this GUI hang.

I TaskMgr aborted the program and restarted in time to get Boston Public recorded (it's recording as I type this).

Any clues? Is anyone else seeing this? I'll attach the pertinent sagetv_x.txt files in a .zip file (see attached).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_log_files.zip (13.9 KB, 293 views)
Old 04-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Sage

Timed Recordings aren't stable in 1.2.4 Beta; I mentioned this in another thread where we were talking about padding. They will be stabilized in 1.2.5 Beta.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the prompt reply, Jeff. Must have missed this tidbit - my apologies...

Looking forward to 1.2.5B... And thanks again for the multi-tuner support!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:11 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Re: GUI Hang when watching and a show to be recorded starts (v1.2.4B)

Quote:
Originally posted by edmc
Okay, up pops a message saying SageTV will have to change channels in 4 minutes to record Boston Public. Kinda wish it would just move the Tuner I'm viewing (or the Tuner it wants to use) but oh well...
It will only pop up a message if it needs to record the next show to the tuner you are currently watching. The decision for which tuner to record on is based on too many factors to list.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

> The decision for which tuner to record on is based on too many factors to list.

I'm sure that it makes the best decision it could - it just that it seems to make it at the time I request a recording, not when it needs to make the recording. See the difference?

When I set a recording, it selects which Tuner it will use. It cannot, apparently, change that decision later.

Nevertheless, wouldn't it be possible to change the Tuner I'm viewing rather than which Tuner will be used for the previously scheduled recording? I mean, if it knows enough to ask me the pop-up question, couldn't it just check to see if the other Tuner is currently available and switch my viewing to that one?
Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Sage

I'd rather not get into this because it gets very complicated and covers some algorithms I'd like to keep proprietary. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves however...just letting you know why I won't be talking more about it.

Thanks,
Old 04-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quite reasonable to keep the algorithms proprietary to the extent they don't reveal themselves in behavior. I'll try to stick to viewable behavior in my comments...