SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Red face SageTV Mac Client won't show h.264 stream?

I'm trying SageTV out and it seems to fulfill my needs, but some questions remain.
I'm having a WinXP box as SageTV mediacenter (latest version) and two WinXP SageTV cleints that work as expected with regards to liveTV and other media including those in h.264 format.

The mediacenter box is using two DVB-T tuners with Viaccess CAMs that are used for a network here in Sweden (Boxer).

Using a SageTV Mac client, almost everything works as well except for live TV h.264 streams. I can get sound, but no picture. Again, using a WinXP box as a client, I get both picture and sound (using PowerDVD 7.3 as codec).

Is there something I have to enable/purchase on the Mac to be able to watch h.264 coded TV streams?

I have the latest system updates. I have tried bootcamping the iMac and in that WinXP environment, it works as well.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknas View Post
Using a SageTV Mac client, almost everything works as well except for live TV h.264 streams.
Can you post a short clip for testing? PM me if you don't want everyone to see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknas View Post
Is there something I have to enable/purchase on the Mac to be able to watch h.264 coded TV streams?
No, it's all there.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Sage Expert

I can't watch the h.264 coded streams from my r5000-hd on my Mac because of the PAFF interlacing that PDVD 7.3 (and CoreAVC) handle on the PC.

Maybe the Swedish h.264 TV streams use PAFF interlacing?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 AM

I'm afraid I don't have any good tools to split my h.264 files. The smallest ones are like 30MB. I've FTPd a sample for the support guys to have a look at and I'll report back when they come up with something.
Thanks for your offer to help!