SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Recording both SD and HD Channels

First, I want to apologize because I swear this question has been answered before on the boards, but I've searched and searched and I can't find the thread.

I want to record both the SD and HD versions of my favorites. This might seem wasteful, but my server is too slow to transcode and my TV is only looked up to an MVP. I have my HD channels mapped to different logical channel numbers (for example, NBC is channel 24 in SD and 1024 in HD). Is there any way to get Sage to do this short of manually scheduling these recordings?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

Create two favorites, modify each favorite to record only on a selected channel.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

When I do that it looks like Sage still chooses to record only the HD version of the show when I look at the scheduled recordings screen. And actually, when I remove the HD favorite Sage doesn't fall back to the SD favorite (although maybe it just takes Sage some time before it refreshes the recording schedule).
Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Expert

Did a Google search and found these:
Confusion about how Sage handles multiple encoders

If the EPG has differing episode #s then it will record both shows, otherwise Sage picks one and ignores the other.

Here's another thread with a similar issue:
HD playback via MVP??

...and yet another one describing this exact thread topic:
HDTV Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Since some people say that dual Favorites does work for them, it makes me wonder what settings might be different between the systems. If not using Intelligent Recordings, see if it makes a difference to go to Detailed Setup -> Customize & turn off "Delete Live TV files when not using Intelligent Recording".

- Andy
But it looks like this issue still hasn't been resolved.

-It seems that those who fail to read all the SageTV forum thread histories before they respond are doomed to spend their time typing responses that have already been asked and answered. I am doomed.

Last edited by Conejo; 10-16-2007 at 09:09 PM.