SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm, I found it eventually, but no joy with that either. I keep getting 'Scan timed out' after it tries to find channel information.

So how stable/unstable is 6.3 beta?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Sage User

I installed the new beta on a spare PC and it seems ok, but I am not using it as my main system.

The beta version probably has the same version of the two files you replaced so it might not make any difference to you.

Sage support said the problem was an error with the stream which messed up their parser, this might be giving different results on your transmitter.
You might have to raise a support request with Sage, I found them to very helpful and my problem was solved within a week.

The only other thing I can think off is to ensure you copied the files to the correct folders, TSSplitter.ax should be in the common folder and DshowCapture.dll should be in the SageTV folder.

You could also unregister TSSplitter.ax and then register it again using regsvr32.exe.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, some progress. I can now view all the channels, and get epg data for them all. However, when setting up the video sources I have re-arranged the numbers so that they are correct, (Using map to different logical channel nu ber) and hitting 'View' in the setup screen now shows all the correct channels, in the correct order, with the correct numbers. EVERYTHING in the setup part is correct.

Move over to the EPG however.

The channels are all there, and in the right order, and the programs appear in the right channel line. But when you try watching channel 4 for instance, it says scrapheap challenge. and gives the correct program info, but what's actually on is E4.

Any idea where I went wrong?

Edit, I have since rescanned, noted the incorrect channels, and altered them using the 'Map different station to this physical channel'

The channel names are now correct, but the epg data has stayed the way it was. i.e. the programs listed under E4+1 are the programmes for QVC

Last edited by John@TunerUK; 11-18-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Sage User

I think your EPG is so messed up and you need to start again from scratch just to check if it will work on a clean setup.
You can backup your complete SageTV folder if you need to go back to it.

I cant think of anything else you can try.