SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP - I've got v3.0h loaded and it fixed the problem of limiting the number of titles on a DVD to 3, but its still not bringing up the titles and info on the burned DVD menu.

Also it doesn't have a selector arrow on the main menu. It has 4 horizontal selections (no titles) but there is no arrow indicating which one is currently selected, if I press enter I get one of the video detail screens (no details though) and it has a selection arrow for "play" and for "menu" with a preview image of the video.

I'm pretty sure on the previous release it had at least a selector arrow on the root menu.

One other interesting thing happened this time when I burned the DVD (didn't happen last release), at the end a sage window popped up saying burning failed, but when I checked the burn log it said burn was successful, but it reported failing to reload the disc after it ejected it. The drive is a slot load btw. Anyways other than the missing menu info the disc plays fine.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I cannot import teh SageTVMCVideo Tools into the SageMC. The import button does nothing. I'll post in the other thread, but thought I would say it here as well.

*EDIT* OK, I found out what my problem was.... Old version of Java. I was trying to use what came with Sage, and not upgradinf it to what SageMC needed. I cannot read..... D'oh

Last edited by rgroves; 12-22-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
EP - I've got v3.0h loaded and it fixed the problem of limiting the number of titles on a DVD to 3, but its still not bringing up the titles and info on the burned DVD menu.

Also it doesn't have a selector arrow on the main menu. It has 4 horizontal selections (no titles) but there is no arrow indicating which one is currently selected, if I press enter I get one of the video detail screens (no details though) and it has a selection arrow for "play" and for "menu" with a preview image of the video.

I'm pretty sure on the previous release it had at least a selector arrow on the root menu.

One other interesting thing happened this time when I burned the DVD (didn't happen last release), at the end a sage window popped up saying burning failed, but when I checked the burn log it said burn was successful, but it reported failing to reload the disc after it ejected it. The drive is a slot load btw. Anyways other than the missing menu info the disc plays fine.
Well, I found a few more menu issues, so i'll try and throw together anther perl2dvd.exe that people can just update to.

Update: Here's a new .exe to try...

http://perl2dvd.svn.sourceforge.net/...t/perl2dvd.exe

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-22-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Well, I found a few more menu issues, so i'll try and throw together anther perl2dvd.exe that people can just update to.

I just tried it and got an error. Here's the logs.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

One thing that may cause bugs is the free space... the dvd tools have been constantly failing and I figured out it is because near the end, the free space goes to 0 on my drive.
One issue is probably the sequence (a guess):
- the mpg files are copied/processed
- the DVD is generated
- the image is generated

This requires as free size the size of the mpg files + 2x DVD size.
When the DVD is generated the working copy of the mpg files could be deleted. In addition, in the logs, there is nothing that reports the lack of free space.

Erik
Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Here are some logs... It seems to go toward the end and then no image. this is before updating to this newer version.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Now the process did complete but the IMG file in the end was 6gig and the burn failed (guess it is the reason). Is there any way to specify a single layer DVD as target?

Erik.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

since i upgraded to 3.0H something is messed up with the autocrop feature.

if i turn it on, then i get a video of 16x16 pixel size and the file sizes are 15-50MB , if i leave it disabled the video stays fine

i reinstalled everything again and still does the same thing

and i did like that feature...

anyone else notice the same thing???

btw that is using handbrake at default settings except autocrop and commercial cut enabled.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik View Post
Here are some logs... It seems to go toward the end and then no image. this is before updating to this newer version.
That should be an issue that I solved in the updated exe where it would fail if the path to the working folder had a space in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
since i upgraded to 3.0H something is messed up with the autocrop feature.

if i turn it on, then i get a video of 16x16 pixel size and the file sizes are 15-50MB , if i leave it disabled the video stays fine

i reinstalled everything again and still does the same thing

and i did like that feature...

anyone else notice the same thing???

btw that is using handbrake at default settings except autocrop and commercial cut enabled.
I didn't change anything in autocrop so that surprises me. Can you possibly enable debuging in the SageMC options and send me a log zip file? Thats the only way i'll be able to figure it out.

Quote:
Now the process did complete but the IMG file in the end was 6gig and the burn failed (guess it is the reason). Is there any way to specify a single layer DVD as target?

Erik.
It look like the code I use to auto-set the length on the DVD's is broken. For now, just limit your DVD's to under 2 hours and i'll take a look at that when I get a chance.

Quote:
One thing that may cause bugs is the free space... the dvd tools have been constantly failing and I figured out it is because near the end, the free space goes to 0 on my drive.
One issue is probably the sequence (a guess):
- the mpg files are copied/processed
- the DVD is generated
- the image is generated

This requires as free size the size of the mpg files + 2x DVD size.
When the DVD is generated the working copy of the mpg files could be deleted. In addition, in the logs, there is nothing that reports the lack of free space.

Erik
Yeah, that's true, 3x the size of the DVD is needed and I don't have a method to check free space. I'll take a look at trying your idea of deleting the mpegs when the VIDEO_TS folder is finished.

Sorry about the craptastic release, I tried to crank something out before I went home for the holidays and it looks like it backfired one me

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-23-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP - here is the log files,

i did three conversions all of them using handbrake and changing only 3 things

1.) Hardware profile: Unknown and Cut commercials ON (filename:*.unknown-cut-comm.log") file size = 255.3MB

2.) Hardware profile: None and Cut commercials ON (filename: *.nocrop-cutcom.log) file size = 359. MB

3.) Hardware profile: Unknown and Cut Commercials On, autocrop ON (filename: *.crop-cutcomm.log) file size = 43.4 MB

also tried autoencode and that crapped out on me as well, as well as another handbrake i tried, i just dont remember the setting in that last one.

tnx for the help
Attached Files
File Type: zip qdvd Folder.zip (542.6 KB, 203 views)
Old 12-23-2007, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
EP - here is the log files,

i did three conversions all of them using handbrake and changing only 3 things

1.) Hardware profile: Unknown and Cut commercials ON (filename:*.unknown-cut-comm.log") file size = 255.3MB

2.) Hardware profile: None and Cut commercials ON (filename: *.nocrop-cutcom.log) file size = 359. MB

3.) Hardware profile: Unknown and Cut Commercials On, autocrop ON (filename: *.crop-cutcomm.log) file size = 43.4 MB

also tried autoencode and that crapped out on me as well, as well as another handbrake i tried, i just dont remember the setting in that last one.

tnx for the help
Found it, its a bad bug too. I'll get it fixed asap.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Found it, its a bad bug too. I'll get it fixed asap.
cool it wasnt me that broke something then
Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC Video Tools v3.0h1

Change list-
  • Feature: Less sucking
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug where videos compressed with Handbrake with autoCrop would be shrunk to 16x16.
There's still a bug where videos aren't being resized to fit onto a 4.7 GB videoDVD. I'll look into this, but prolly not until after the holidays. Until then try and keep your DVD sizes under 1.5 hours.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Change list-
There's still a bug where videos aren't being resized to fit onto a 4.7 GB videoDVD. I'll look into this, but prolly not until after the holidays. Until then try and keep your DVD sizes under 1.5 hours.
I have many DVDs to make... Can someone recommend me an alternative? I had problems with Nero trying to make DVDs. Or would there be any ways to fix the "send to" in the video tools 2.5? The DVD creation was working fine.

Erik.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have many DVDs to make... Can someone recommend me an alternative? I had problems with Nero trying to make DVDs. Or would there be any ways to fix the "send to" in the video tools 2.5? The DVD creation was working fine.

Erik.
If you mean there is no 'burn to DVD' on the 'send to' button on 2.5, I believe you have to disable compression on SageMC to get this to work. Dig through the posts on 2.5, you'll see someone replied to me with a fix on this.

Also, I had a problem with a 2 1/2 hour show fitting on a DVD with version 2.5. It was a bit strange as 3 and 4 hour shows were compressed and fit, but this particular show was just a little oversize and Imgburn would complain. I found a free program, DVDshrink, which 'shrunk' the ISO and I was able to burn it. Perhasps you can try this as a temporary fix...

Good luck,
Larry
Old 12-24-2007, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

OT.. A little

If you wouldn't mind.. I am having issues scripting removal of commercials in linux with mencoder. can you share your syntaxing?

Thanks!

B
Old 12-24-2007, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a link to my commercial cutting profile....

http://perl2dvd.svn.sourceforge.net/...le?view=markup

Code:
./mencoder "%%INPUT_MAIN%%" -o "%%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.%%INPUT_MAIN_EXT%%" -oac copy -ovc copy -hr-edl-seek -edl "%%ORIGINAL_FILE%%.edl" ?>INPUT_MAIN:videoContainer=~mpeg<:>-of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf<?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the info. I found a post on gbpvr which led me to http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/view...fd199283f57e2a

Basically had to enable edlp output and use it for mencoder to work.

Now testing various shows to see how cutting goes.

B
Old 12-25-2007, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any news on Handbrake for HD content?
I'm working on compiling it today, but even when I do, there's going to be the problem is that it probably won't be able to IVTC 720p content properly yet.

edit: Well, I just compiled Handbrake and its performance is less than steller for HDTV. The speed gains are minimal over mencoder (5-10 fps), even on my Q6600, and the IVTC isn't quite working yet. I'll keep on eye the progress, but for now, I think i'll stick with mencoder for HDTV.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-25-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC Video Tools v3.0i

Change list-
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue where video DVD bitrate wasn't being recalculated after ever video.
  • Feature: Enabled Auto Telecine detection by default for HDTV content in AutoEncode profile.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue where 24.976 fps content were being put into mkv as 24.98 fps.
  • BugFix: Fixed commercial cutting profile to only attempt to cut from avi or mpg
  • BugFix: Added check to make sure autoCrop value is valid before trying to use it in the profile.

Its also worth noting that i'm doing all of this over VNC as I'm out of town for the holidays so my testing isn't as good as it usually is.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-26-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Closed Thread