SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Change list-
Its also worth noting that i'm doing all of this over VNC as I'm out of town for the holidays so my testing isn't as good as it usually is.
Wow! What a dedication!! I'll give this a try for DVD burning very soon

Erik.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP, Thanks for updates, but with v3h & now 3i it quit completing the process and I get an errors. I watch the directories as its processing and right after it completes the first round of making the .mpg is when it quits and then zips up the logs. I checked the logs and it looks like it had problems with the menu generation. Anways here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Family Guy - Padre de Familia(2).videoDVD(2).videoDVD.zip (19.5 KB, 239 views)
Old 12-26-2007, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Bah, another stupid line line fix. Try this perl2dvd.exe...

http://perl2dvd.svn.sourceforge.net/...t/perl2dvd.exe
Old 12-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

worked with 3i, but not the 'new' perldvd

Quote:

Just upgraded to the latest SageMC (6.36b) and video tools 3i... Worked perfectly for me, no problems. The menus are working, look great!

Then I copied the latest 'perl2dvd', all still seemed to work OK but the DVDs would not play on my player.

I reverted back to the 3i 'perl2dvd' and it's working again.

Not sure what's happening, but thought it would help if I report here.

Larry
Old 12-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

The real spirit of christmas is here now
Just made a 3h DVD - All menus and everything is working correctly on my old DVD player. THANK YOU!!!

Only detail, the DVD is named "CDROM".
Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Just upgraded to the latest SageMC (6.36b) and video tools 3i... Worked perfectly for me, no problems. The menus are working, look great!

Then I copied the latest 'perl2dvd', all still seemed to work OK but the DVDs would not play on my player.

I reverted back to the 3i 'perl2dvd' and it's working again.

Not sure what's happening, but thought it would help if I report here.

Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik View Post
The real spirit of christmas is here now
Just made a 3h DVD - All menus and everything is working correctly on my old DVD player. THANK YOU!!!

Only detail, the DVD is named "CDROM".
One person says it works, one person says it doesn't, not sure what to make of that
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One person says it works, one person says it doesn't, not sure what to make of that
Believe the guy who says it works, of course!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Believe the guy who says it works, of course!
Good call (In fact I'm sure the newer version works better as I forgot to initialize a few variables in the last one )
Old 12-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It is working but maybe there are some details about the DVD that are not perfect... Nero Showtime refuses to seek and VLC thinks for some obscure reason that it is an audio (cd/dvd)??
Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It is working but maybe there are some details about the DVD that are not perfect... Nero Showtime refuses to seek and VLC thinks for some obscure reason that it is an audio (cd/dvd)??
My DVD player just shows a message, 'cannot play this type of media'... So it does recognize a disk, but won't play it.

Odd that 3i works well for me, but as long as it's working I'll stay here for a while. I'm running Vista if that makes any difference....

Larry
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Well I'm not sure what broke for me but I'm getting the same results as h & i, it doesn't finish, error with menu creation. I'm going to go back to f to see if I can at least get a dvd created...

Im running v.f right now and I know it will work, its creating 6 or so different mpgs + the main movie mpg in the workfolder where as in v.h,i & latest it only created the main movie mpg.

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 12-27-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, all of the log files look fine this time but people are still having problems. Oh well, i'm giving up on videoDVD's for this week. I'll sort this out when I get home on Monday

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-27-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Well, all of the log files look fine this time but people are still having problems. Oh well, i'm giving up on videoDVD's for this week. I'll sort this out when I get home on Monday
More bad news here... I made 2 dvds and the img size is about 100 mb too large. Do you want the logs? I'll try dvd shrink.

Erik.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, the more logs the better.

Edit: Really I just need to stop being lazy and write an automated videoDVD testing script like I have for the compression.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-27-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah, the more logs the better.

Edit: Really I just need to stop being lazy and write an automated videoDVD testing script like I have for the compression.
Here we go
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (59.6 KB, 224 views)
Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Never mind about the dumb JAR questions.... I worked it out.

Just combined this with BobPhoenix's video editor tool -- and I am totally happy.
I can clean up the comskip .edl files and compress my video .. all from a client machine.

*THIS* is very very cool.

Thanks for all your hard work and a great plugin. You are awesome!

Last edited by belleboyd; 12-29-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here we go
Thanks for the great log files, i'll start digging into DVD issues after the new year.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having

I'm having a lot of problems on SD material I recorded just today. I'm attaching a set of logs, but this is only one of many examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, one of my tuners had the video cable disconnected and the recordings had blank video.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Law Order - Bodies(1).AutoEncode.compress.zip (256.4 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by toricred; 01-01-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've tried installing this over the holidays and it's sort of working.

I'm running the latest SageMC and I downloaded the "SageMC VideoTools v3.0" from SourceForge which was marked as the latest version.

The first thing I notice is on the properties menu the "compress" menu has nothing in it for me. I see pictures of it in the install instructions, but I've got nothing there when I scroll over "compress" there are no options. Is that intended in this version?

My other question is with the encoding profiles. Can anyone give a little better description on how these are used? I see the AutoEncode profile, but I'm not really a programmer at all and I'm not even sure what exactaly that file does. My best guess is that it is a default profile for any series that's set to auto-encode, but then I'm left wondering why you would need that since you choose the encoding profile when you set a favorite to auto-encode.

Finally, what's the proper way to either permanently edit the default profile (memcoder/handbrake) or create one of my own. I'm not sure I like the auto-crop but I'm not sure how I would go about turning that off on handbrake.

I think from reading the thread here that the options under the 'compress' menu that aren't showing up would provide the functionality of saving encoding profiles with various options w/o me having to figure out that coding language. So maybe this is all just a single issue of that one missing menu?

I know the DVD section says it's not working currently, is that still accurate? I tried sending a few files to the "All to DVD" option and it only processed for about a minute before the pearl2dvd process in Directory Monitor closed out, cleaning up all log files with it. So right now it seems I don't get anything. Is that just b/c DVD's aren't currently supported and will be fixed later, or do I have another problem?

Thanks! I can't wait to get this all working.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just completed upgrading SageTV to 6.3.5 and SageMC to 6.3.6b, and am trying to install this for the first time. One question:

Step 3 on the instructions at the SourceForge site says to configure Dirmon2 and has some screen shots, but I don't have the perl2dvd.exe file yet. Do I have to do step 4a, Download, extract latest version of SageMC Video Tools, first to get this file?

Thanks,
Mike
Closed Thread