SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
I just completed upgrading SageTV to 6.3.5 and SageMC to 6.3.6b, and am trying to install this for the first time. One question:

Step 3 on the instructions at the SourceForge site says to configure Dirmon2 and has some screen shots, but I don't have the perl2dvd.exe file yet. Do I have to do step 4a, Download, extract latest version of SageMC Video Tools, first to get this file?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, I believe you do. Of course, mine has a few um... hitches still
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, I've double checked my install and I found my problem. I was using version "c" of the install (I'm not use to sourceforge thought top was newest). But I do have a few other questions.

I ran a test this time trying to put 4 videos on one DVD, secondly I ask it to compress one of the videos with the AutoEncode profile to see how it worked.

I'll attach both the zip file and the compress log. The DVD failed with errors saying it couldn't find a menu. Not a big deal, as stated it's in development right now. If someone knows how to fix that I'd be happy to hear it. A little more bothersome is the fact that I found a .jpg titled after each of the videos on my C:\ (my root drive). Now I'm a bit worried where all I might find orphaned files on my computer. Here is an example of one of the .jpg names.
"House-Games-3078923-0.2_all_to_dvd.1.EncodeOthersDVD.main.jpg"

The second error is much more odd though. I've completely lost the file I ask it to compress. Looking at the log it looks like it was successful, however when I browse to that folder (and even searched my computer) neither the original .mpg or the compressed .avi exist at all. I guess it's possible that since I'm testing on old files it got deleted by Sage, but nothing was scheduled to record tonight so I'm not so convinced that happened.

Anyone that's messed with this and can understand these logs a little better please let me know what you think is going on. Either on the DVD missing menues, orphaned .jpg files, or my missing compressed file. I'm going to run another compression tonight for a test to verify Sage didn't delete it. Yes I'm going to use a file that I don't care if it gets deleted

The .zip attachments were split b/c the log file was to large for the forums. Also, it's a .rar file I just put .zip at the end b/c I have no way to split .zip files. If you know how these logs work I'm sure you'll have no problem getting them unzipped

UPDATE: I've tried compressing another file with the AutoEncode. It compressed properly. It must have been dumb luck that I chose a file scheduled for deletion on my last test. If anyone can help with the DVD burning I'd appreciate it. It looks like some people have it working ok.

Last edited by Arioch5; 01-04-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5 View Post
Oh, I've double checked my install and I found my problem. I was using version "c" of the install (I'm not use to sourceforge thought top was newest). But I do have a few other questions...
Don't worry, you're not the only person accidentally downloading older versions on sourceforge

As for your problems, you're pretty much experienceing what I expect right now: DVD burning has issues and compression is working fine.

I plan on digging into the videoDVD this weekend to try and sort out the problems and until then I wouldn't waste your time with it.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-04-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Hi there.

I'm pretty new to Sage. I love what you're doing with this addon.

In particular interest to me is the DVD creation, which I understand is currently not functioning properly.

I have one question about it.. I come from using the CW3000HD which also supported DVD creation. But, not only did it allow you to create SD DVDs playable on set top boxes, but it also allowed for you to create HD Mpeg DVD's that were playable on computers, or HTPCs.

Is this something that this plugin can do? Is it something you might consider?

I found this to be a terrific way to archive HD content. Especially since the CW3000HD was able to burn DVD9 discs.

Thanks so much.

.david
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb View Post
But, not only did it allow you to create SD DVDs playable on set top boxes, but it also allowed for you to create HD Mpeg DVD's that were playable on computers, or HTPCs.
I'm not sure what an you mean by "HD Mpeg DVD". Is it just a data DVD with the HD mpeg on it?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Sage User

Yah, pretty much.

I don't fully know the details.. but it's basically like a VCD disc but for HD mpegs.

I don't think that CW3000HD just throws the raw satellite streams onto a DVD.

I will need to double check this.. but it works very well.

d.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Don't worry, you're not the only person accidentally downloading older versions on sourceforge

As for your problems, you're pretty much experienceing what I expect right now: DVD burning has issues and compression is working fine.

I plan on digging into the videoDVD this weekend to try and sort out the problems and until then I wouldn't waste your time with it.

Thanks for the awesome import , I'll be sure to watch this for updates.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

i have this import installed and (i think) working. i want to use it to edit out commercials and encode to ipod format. can anyone provide me with a profile?

thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

oh i think i get what the func files are now... i just renamed the func as profile and that seems to work. is that all?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Jon Tom,

Sadly there's a little more to it than that. Currently only avi cutting is supported and ipod files need to be mp4. Somewhere on my huge todo list is to write a function that converts anything to avi, cuts the commercials, then converts it back, but that's still aways off. There are a few extra problems, but that's going to be your big one.

Also, I don't recommend renaming functions to profiles as some of them are not intended to work on their own. For more information consult your local library or this wiki

ep

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-09-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

darn. I skimmed through that wiki last night, which was why i thought the func may work as a profile (because the syntax looked familiar).

ok then, so ignoring the commercial cutting for now, how do I encode to ipod format then? do I have to write my own profile?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

If you select Handbrake for your profile, there should be a handbrake profile option that you can select "iPod" from.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

One suggestion for a future version:

If a recording is queued to be compressed or currently being compressed, it would be nice to know via an icon in the list of recordings like the icons for watched, manual recording, etc.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Sage User

I am stumped..

How do you import the Video Tools xml file into the sagemc stv??? I am running the latest sage 6.36 and sageMC (with Java 1.6). I've tried to import it various ways with no go, SageMC import stvi and load stv doesn't work. Detailed setup doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

Whats the difference between the 169 and 169_em stv?

thanks
Jeff
Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Compression Trouble

Hey EP im having a lot of trouble getting some of my videos to compress, ive attached zips of a few please let me know if its something im doing.
Thanks,
Jet
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
One suggestion for a future version:

If a recording is queued to be compressed or currently being compressed, it would be nice to know via an icon in the list of recordings like the icons for watched, manual recording, etc.
That's a great idea, but i'm not really planning on doing much more Studio work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff View Post
I am stumped..

How do you import the Video Tools xml file into the sagemc stv??? I am running the latest sage 6.36 and sageMC (with Java 1.6). I've tried to import it various ways with no go, SageMC import stvi and load stv doesn't work. Detailed setup doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

Whats the difference between the 169 and 169_em stv?

thanks
Jeff
You should start with 169, not 169_ep, that's left over from an old version and shouldn't be there anymore. In the SageMC settings (NOT THE DETAILED SETTINGS) where it shows you all of the info about your system (java version, free space, etc.) there should be an import STVi button and you use that to import my plug-in.

Then, once you've imported it you also need to enable using the plug-in in the SageMC options menu. Double check the directions for details...

http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...#configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Hey EP im having a lot of trouble getting some of my videos to compress, ive attached zips of a few please let me know if its something im doing.
Thanks,
Jet
It looks like you're still using 3.0h when the latest version is 3.0i. Try upgrading and see what happens.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

How do I modify my autoencode file to cut commercials on only SD recordings? I tried adding /cutComm<&> and the file compressed, but the date and time stamp never got updated so Sage quit seeing it. I'm not sure, but I monitored it while it was running and I never saw it cut commercials so I don't think it removed the commercials. Any help?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey so i updated to version 3i and now when using the autoencode profile my videos are compressing in Mkv format instead of Avi, can someone tell me is there some type of advantage to this format over the h.264 that i have been using
Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I've had success compressing some files with this plugin, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the output folder (where the newly compressed file goes) to another folder? Is this possible?

By the way, amazing work here. Love the plugin!
Thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've had success compressing some files with this plugin, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the output folder (where the newly compressed file goes) to another folder? Is this possible?

By the way, amazing work here. Love the plugin!
Thanks
if u enable advanced options before selecting the profile, u can select the output folder and the new file name.
the default setting for conversions is "IN PLACE" just select the other one and it will let u pick the folder and name. create ur custom profile and u dont have to do it everytime...
Closed Thread