SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I think one of the tools that I use has charactor limit for the input file and that really long episode name is screwing everything up. You could try moving your central work folder to the root of the drive.
ok i went and made sure that the central work folder is in the root of the drive, ill let you know how it works out.

Also if you can let me know what went wrong with this compression attached is the log file. thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
ok i went and made sure that the central work folder is in the root of the drive, ill let you know how it works out.

Also if you can let me know what went wrong with this compression attached is the log file. thanks in advance.
The log looks good, but for some reason the video isn't showing up at the end. I can't see anything really wrong, but the title of this one is even longer than the last one so it could be the same issue.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The log looks good, but for some reason the video isn't showing up at the end. I can't see anything really wrong, but the title of this one is even longer than the last one so it could be the same issue.
So what would you suggest i do, Just rename the episode before i make the qdvd file?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Moving your central work folder to the root of the drive should help, but the real solution is for me to not use the real video names while i'm processing the videos.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Moving your central work folder to the root of the drive should help, but the real solution is for me to not use the real video names while i'm processing the videos.
so your saying just move my current work folder C:\programfiles\sagetv\sagetv\qdvd to c:\qdvd
Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that will help.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Doesn't qdvd just hold the kickoff information, error .zips, and status files? I thought the central work folder was a place where the compressed video files were created before replacing the originals.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Doesn't qdvd just hold the kickoff information, error .zips, and status files? I thought the central work folder was a place where the compressed video files were created before replacing the originals.
He's got his central work folder set up as his qdvd folder, so that's what he plans on moving.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
He's got his central work folder set up as his qdvd folder, so that's what he plans on moving.
Evil,

I'm sure we must be starting to seriously bug you and taking more and more your personal time BUT...
How is the DVD burning going?

Erik.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
[*]Auto-compress favorites with multiple profiles (ex: In Place x264 & iPod
Sorry if this has been covered before. I am having trouble getting the above feature to work. I turned off the default compression. To use the above feature, do i enable "auto compress series" and enable the "add compress job" in the series settings? When I enable these selections, the compressions appear to still be scheduled using the default compression. The compression shows up under the My Menu/Video Conversions area. If I use the "send to" command the compression shows up under the correct Video tools status screen.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a little update: I should be posting a new version tomorrow that fixes...
  • Oversized DVD's
  • HDTV shows being compressed into mkv files
  • AutoCrop not ignoring the logos as it should

I know its minor, but I just wanted to knock out the 3 bigs ones.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC Video Tools v3.0J!

Change list-
  • BugFix - Fixed issue where comparing kilobits to kilobytes was causing videoDVD's to try and stream copy when they shouldn't have. This was resulting in oversided DVD's
  • BugFix - I changed autoEncode profile to use AC3 sound for HDTV instead of AAC 5.1. I may change it back once the STX-1000 can handle it good enough.
  • Improvement - Changed autocrop detection to use longer samples in order to take advantage of comskip's logo detection. This should help discovery shows like Mythbusters where the logo is halfway in the black bars.
  • BugFix - Removed SageMV_169_ep.xml, you should *not be using it anymore*.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

question/problem: I've got 3.0i working, deleted divx, and reinstalled xvid and everything seems to work. But then today I tried to view one of the shows I had converted a few months back using Sage's built in video conversion, and they wouldn't play. I switched from directshow to sage's player and then they did play. What could cause this? They also didn't play in windows media player, but did in VLC.

Also, Gspot says it is Xvid and the codec is installed, but when I play with the Proposed Codec Solutions and Tests, I get the error that it couldn't render. Any thoughts that could cause this?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

If you select something like "Use for all FourCC codecs" during the xvid install it should be able to play xvid and divx.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did (check "use for all FourCC codecs") - still no go, and no go on the client that's not running SageMC either. But on the client, I don't get an error - just the audio, no picture. I may reinstall divx decoder on the main machine to see if that works.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm, sorry for the bad advice, I could swear that worked for me. Yeah, mess around with various filters and let us know what works for you. You might consider giving ffdshow a try, I've never used it but people say its the swiss army knife of decoders.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

(I've converted over to using the STX-1000 so that filter non-sense is a thing of the past for me )
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed it! (haven't tested the client yet...)

Used the "Nic's FourCC Changer" program that was in the Xvid programs menu tree. The files pulled up as FourCC Description Code: xvid & FourCC Used Codec: xvid, but when I selected xvid from the list, it was in all caps, and I hit "apply" and then they worked. Not sure why, but it did it for 4 files I know didn't work and now do.

Mike
Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool a new version. So if we're just upgrading from an older version the upgrade instructions are basically.

4a) Download, extract latest version of SageMC Video Tools (Remember to fully shutdown SageTV/SageTV Client/SageTV Service before you extract the files!), and load the latest SageMC_169.xml STV.

4c) Import SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml into SageMC_169

5) Configure Video Tool options though SageMC Options menu

Will I need to set my favorites to auto-compress again? Although I'll probably want to manually convert a few for testing the new handbrake settings anyway.

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5 View Post
Will I need to set my favorites to auto-compress again?
Nope, those settings are saved in the Sage.properties file so they should persist.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I installed the latest version but I still can't create a DVD. It keeps saying that the Menu.jpg (something like that) can't be found. Should I post the error logs?
Closed Thread