SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvogel322 View Post
Well I installed the latest version but I still can't create a DVD. It keeps saying that the Menu.jpg (something like that) can't be found. Should I post the error logs?
Yes, please do.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's the log file from the latest attempt. I hope I'm just missing something easy. Maybe it's a UNC thing.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the same issue with the new version - something related to menu generation?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Family Guy - McStroke(1).videoDVD.videoDVD.zip (13.9 KB, 156 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvogel322 View Post
Here's the log file from the latest attempt. I hope I'm just missing something easy. Maybe it's a UNC thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
I'm having the same issue with the new version - something related to menu generation?
Yeah, those both look like UNC issues. I'll try and fix ASAP.

So... any success stories with DVD burning?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Sorry if this has been covered before. I am having trouble getting the above feature to work. I turned off the default compression. To use the above feature, do i enable "auto compress series" and enable the "add compress job" in the series settings? When I enable these selections, the compressions appear to still be scheduled using the default compression. The compression shows up under the My Menu/Video Conversions area. If I use the "send to" command the compression shows up under the correct Video tools status screen.

Thanks.
Was the above question too dumb to be answered? Bump.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Opps, missed your post. Sounds like you might just have a bad import/SageMC version combo as that's code that's recently been updated. I'd recommend starting with a fresh SageMC (latest=6.3.6b), reloading SageMC_169.xml, and then trying the import again. I just did a fresh setup like that over the weekend and had no issues.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yeah, those both look like UNC issues. I'll try and fix ASAP.

So... any success stories with DVD burning?
I just burned a DVD with no menu issues... scheduled from the client & the burn was kicked off from the server. Flawless & Priceless. I can clear out some of my 168 episodes of Good Eats now.

I did want to know what the "all to DVD" profile does? It doesn't seem to generate an .img file or compress anything. Is it broken? Or is it me?

Thank you for a great app.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
I just burned a DVD with no menu issues... scheduled from the client & the burn was kicked off from the server. Flawless & Priceless. I can clear out some of my 168 episodes of Good Eats now.

I did want to know what the "all to DVD" profile does? It doesn't seem to generate an .img file or compress anything. Is it broken? Or is it me?

Thank you for a great app.
Glad to hear its working, did you burn a single episode, or multiple episodes?

As for the "all to DVD" profile, I really should hide that. its just a regular encoding profile that will put any video into a video DVD compatable format which is an intermediate step in making a video DVD, but most likely not something anyone would want to do on their own.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Opps, missed your post. Sounds like you might just have a bad import/SageMC version combo as that's code that's recently been updated. I'd recommend starting with a fresh SageMC (latest=6.3.6b), reloading SageMC_169.xml, and then trying the import again. I just did a fresh setup like that over the weekend and had no issues.
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I am just going about this the wrong way. What do i specifically enable to only auto compress certain favorites? I updated to the latest SageMC 6.3.6b and latest video tools. I am still seeing conversions under the My Menue/Video Conversions auto schedule area. Should I see anything here when I have this plugin working correctly?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

As for the "all to DVD" profile, I really should hide that. its just a regular encoding profile that will put any video into a video DVD compatable format which is an intermediate step in making a video DVD, but most likely not something anyone would want to do on their own.
A single movie at about 2hr 30min with no problems.
I plan on trying multiple episodes tonight. I seem to remember I need to keep content to about 2 hours per disc yes?

As to the "all to DVD" profile -- will it cut commercials from the .mpg? I could see using it to cut commercials and then burn the resulting file to DVD. Would be great to trim the overly wordy hosts off of TMC and such.

Thanks again!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I am just going about this the wrong way. What do i specifically enable to only auto compress certain favorites? I updated to the latest SageMC 6.3.6b and latest video tools. I am still seeing conversions under the My Menue/Video Conversions auto schedule area. Should I see anything here when I have this plugin working correctly?
Oh, that's the scedule area, it doesn't actually mean that the default engine is being used, its just a list of shows coming up that will be automatically sceduled when the time comes. As long as stuff is showing up in my menu, don't worry about that menu.

Quote:
A single movie at about 2hr 30min with no problems.
I plan on trying multiple episodes tonight. I seem to remember I need to keep content to about 2 hours per disc yes?

As to the "all to DVD" profile -- will it cut commercials from the .mpg? I could see using it to cut commercials and then burn the resulting file to DVD. Would be great to trim the overly wordy hosts off of TMC and such.

Thanks again!
You can use the mencoderCommCut profile to cut commercials from shows.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

You can use the mencoderCommCut profile to cut commercials from shows.
I was trying to cut the commercials without compressing the mpg. No matter - I just trim off the "patter" at the begin and end of the movies with Videoredo and am good to go.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The multiple episodes burn is not working for me ....

I tried 3 times with different episodes since last night. The img is created but
it always "fails".

Attached is the log file from the most recent attempt.
Let know if you need anything else.
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

From the log file it looks like the videoDVD image is being created properly and is about the right size (4.4 gig), is it giving you the error icon in the status menu or is an error popping up when you try and burn the disc that says "burn failed"?

If its the 2nd one...

a) Have you ever successfully burned a disc?
b) What kind of media are you using?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
From the log file it looks like the videoDVD image is being created properly and is about the right size (4.4 gig), is it giving you the error icon in the status menu or is an error popping up when you try and burn the disc that says "burn failed"?

If its the 2nd one...

a) Have you ever successfully burned a disc?
b) What kind of media are you using?
The error is a popup that says "burn failed". I have successfully run single episode DVDs. (ie: 1 movie length program) I am using DVD+R media.

TIA
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Moving your central work folder to the root of the drive should help, but the real solution is for me to not use the real video names while i'm processing the videos.
EP,
update on my compression, I have been able to compress some of the videos I was originally having trouble with since i moved the central work folder to root of my drive just the one Big Shots episode still doesn't do anything, so i'm going to put that on the side burner for now, but my real question is what exactly did you update in the newest version of Vid Tools, the reason that i ask is because when i open the .autocompress file in my qdvd folder it says that im using perl2dvd v 3.0h, so im just curious why it wouldn't update to say that im using the newest version. also i have updated to the newest version.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
but my real question is what exactly did you update in the newest version of Vid Tools, the reason that i ask is because when i open the .autocompress file in my qdvd folder it says that im using perl2dvd v 3.0h, so im just curious why it wouldn't update to say that im using the newest version. also i have updated to the newest version.
Yeah, thats my bad, sometimes I forget to update the version numbers in the all of the files when I make changes. If you extracted what was in the 3.0j release you should be fully up to date.

A quick way to sanity check it is to open up the autocompress profile and ensure the first encode line is...

Code:
    6     Encode CLI #1     =/twoPass<&>/x264<&>/autoCrop<&>/avi
    7     Encoder #1        =setOptions
Quote:
The error is a popup that says "burn failed". I have successfully run single episode DVDs. (ie: 1 movie length program) I am using DVD+R media.

TIA
There should be a burn.log in your SageTV folder, can you post that to the forum?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Oh, that's the scedule area, it doesn't actually mean that the default engine is being used, its just a list of shows coming up that will be automatically sceduled when the time comes. As long as stuff is showing up in my menu, don't worry about that menu.
Gotcha. How do I setup the auto compression of favorties to keep the original files? My .edl file is now gone and showanalyzer won't run on .avi files.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah, thats my bad, sometimes I forget to update the version numbers in the all of the files when I make changes. If you extracted what was in the 3.0j release you should be fully up to date.

A quick way to sanity check it is to open up the autocompress profile and ensure the first encode line is...

Code:
    6     Encode CLI #1     =/twoPass<&>/x264<&>/autoCrop<&>/avi
    7     Encoder #1        =setOptions
yeah, first line of code was that so looks like everythings good
Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Gotcha. How do I setup the auto compression of favorties to keep the original files? My .edl file is now gone and showanalyzer won't run on .avi files.

Thanks in advance.
I believe i can help you with that, just go to SageMC options under the Extras Menu and then go to Compress, then you will want to Create Custom profile Click advanced options at top then click on profile you want to use and tell it where you want the file to be output. Then in the settings of the series you want to autocompress select the profile that you just created.

Also i assume your using Dirmon to run showanalyzer so be sure you go into dirmon under global settings-->Cleanup and add these extensions under When no matching file exists add these extension after mpg, ( avi,mp4,mkv).
hope this helps
Closed Thread