SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
I believe i can help you with that, just go to SageMC options under the Extras Menu and then go to Compress, then you will want to Create Custom profile Click advanced options at top then click on profile you want to use and tell it where you want the file to be output. Then in the settings of the series you want to autocompress select the profile that you just created.

Also i assume your using Dirmon to run showanalyzer so be sure you go into dirmon under global settings-->Cleanup and add these extensions under When no matching file exists add these extension after mpg, ( avi,mp4,mkv).
hope this helps
Thank you for the Dirmon tips. I added the file types that you suggested.

In the create custom profile, I do not see an option to leave original files intact. I did turn on the advanced options. Are you sure there is an option to leave original files in tact?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post

In the create custom profile, I do not see an option to leave original files intact. I did turn on the advanced options. Are you sure there is an option to leave original files in tact?
if you do have the advanced options enabled at the top of the screen you will see Output it says Inplace currently, just change that to output to a different folder, which you can create wherever you want.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post

I could have sworn I put that in the instructions! Sorry about your lost edl files, i'm currenly working on a way to use this plug-in as a wrapper to run comskip/SA on non-mpeg files, hopefully you'll be able to recover them soon.

@Jetracers - Thanks for stepping up and answering questions, i'm starting to thing you guys know more about this plug-in than I do
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Change list-
  • BugFix - Fixed issue where comparing kilobits to kilobytes was causing videoDVD's to try and stream copy when they shouldn't have. This was resulting in oversided DVD's
I successfully made several DVDs. It seems that with 3h or so, the resulting DVD is perfect (minus commercials not crop but that's fine). But over 3 hours, the DVDs are a touch screwy... The first show is fine but I cannot seek on the other shows and the sagetv dvd player got really confused.
The other shows don't show the correct length. One that was 1h30 shows at 11 minutes on the dvd player.
Just wondering... Could my computer going into stanby cause this?

Erik.

Last edited by CadErik; 01-25-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
SageTVaholic

re: SageMC 6.3.7

So I just checked everything out in the new version of SageMC (which is awesome, by the way, so you should all thank Mike and Dirk *profusely* for their continued hardwork), and while all of the scheduling looks good, the status menu is borked.

Rest assured, its purely a cosmetic issue, and that everything should be working fine in the background (i.e. autoCompress) and i'll get a fix out ASAP.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey there,

I've just given the new J version another go to see if dvd burning will work for me now but unfortunately I'm continuing to experience problems

Hopefully there's something obvious that I've neglected when configuring the system.

If others are having success then perhaps this is related to the pal support. Any PAL users out there who are able to burn video dvd's?

I can report that the videos are now being left at PAL resolution however straight after generating images for the menu the working folder is being deleted (images appeared, dissappeared, then the working directory was gone).

The .videoDVDerror.txt error log in the qdvd folder says;

Code:
Media Watch - (1).videoDVD
videoDVD
Error
Could not find \\hal\gshows\MediaWatch-585167-0.mpg.videoDVD.videoDVD.WorkFolder\menuBackground.menu.mpg
The menuBackground.menu_temp.mplex.log file says;

Code:
   INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
**ERROR: [???] Unable to open file \\hal\gshows\MediaWatch-585167-0.mpg.videoDVD.videoDVD.WorkFolder\menuBackground.m2v for reading.
I notice that ntsc is still used for the menu generation. Could something be erroring when attempting to generate an ntsc mpeg from pal source file(s)?

I've attached the log files from this job. Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide to help diagnose the problem.

Mick.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Media Watch - (1).videoDVD.videoDVD.zip.zip (284.4 KB, 170 views)
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Xml files still giving me problems ...

I tried perl2dvd (latest current as of 2 days ago) ... and I got a great looking STB DVD with empty menus.
I checked the log files and saw that it was getting the correct show info from SageTV and then wiping it out when it tried to read Nielms XML files and couldn't interpret the information in them.
I deleted all XML files in my SageTV recording directories and burned a great looking DVD with menus.
Then I burned a few more all good.
I forgot I installed Nielms XML generator on my server it recreated the XML files later in the day.
Now I've got a few DVD's without menus again

I was curious if you could add a check that if it gets bad information from the xml files it will use the good information from SageTV (or actually from the STV part of the plugin writing the qdvd file).

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
I was curious if you could add a check that if it gets bad information from the xml files it will use the good information from SageTV (or actually from the STV part of the plugin writing the qdvd file).

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
Are do the xml files have the right lines but they are just empty?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
I notice that ntsc is still used for the menu generation. Could something be erroring when attempting to generate an ntsc mpeg from pal source file(s)?

I've attached the log files from this job. Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide to help diagnose the problem.

Mick.
Sorry about the PAL issues, i'll get that fixed soon.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's an example xml file attached from a dvd with no menues

Here is an example XML file attached

I'm trying to decide if it's the server or the client generating the XML files.

When I start SageMC on the client it seems to generate XML files for all recordings.

Now are they being generated by the server when the client connects or by SageMC or just the client when it starts running ...

I thought I saw a property in the SageMC Settings screens for XML files but I can't find it now.

Thanks for your help ...

Bobby
Attached Files
File Type: txt BattlestarGalactica-Razor-2766515-0.mpg.xml.txt (2.5 KB, 165 views)
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

QDVD Files

EP,
So here is my current problem, sometimes when my show records it doesn't have a unique file name, for example Forensic Files, so when it goes to create the qdvd file after the show is done recording it just gives it a generic name like "Forensic Files - (1).AutoEncode.qdvd" now the actual recorded file has a show id on the end, but whenever i get multiple shows like this that record back to back, whenever it is automatically creating the qdvd file it just rewrites over the qdvd file of the show that previously recorded. I also cannot put them in my queue because of the same problem unless i go rename the qdvd file. So i guess my Question is What is there that i can do to get around this problem? is there a way you can change the code to append a # on the end of the file or include the show ID? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
Here is an example XML file attached
It looks like the date in the XML file is good, i'm just not pulling it out right. I'll put it on the todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
So i guess my Question is What is there that i can do to get around this problem? is there a way you can change the code to append a # on the end of the file or include the show ID? Thanks in advance.
Hmmm... that's gonna a little creativity, but I should be able to come up with something.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Ok, sorry, I misunderstood, sounds like you're talking about getting comskip set up. Check out

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20358

Its a really easy way to get things going.

Or you could also take dirmon2 which you already have if you're running this plug-in and set up a new job for comskip like this...

http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...kipDIrmon2.PNG
Quick question: do the settings you have there work if your only creating edl files with comskip (because you changed the settings in the comskip.ini file)?

It doesn't seem to cause comskip to run.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Hi. I'm new to the Sage, coming from BTV. I'm using the trial right now and this package seems like it will do everything I need and more. But, before I install everything, I just wanted to ask if if I can do so without the dvd burning feature. All I really need to do is cut out commercials and compress down to avi.
Hey, thanks in advance for any answers/help you can give.

:P
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
Quick question: do the settings you have there work if your only creating edl files with comskip (because you changed the settings in the comskip.ini file)?

It doesn't seem to cause comskip to run.
Figured it out - had to stop and then start the service under the global settings tab.

New question - if you do the dvd burning option, does it delete the mpg file from the hard drive?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeage View Post
Hi. I'm new to the Sage, coming from BTV. I'm using the trial right now and this package seems like it will do everything I need and more. But, before I install everything, I just wanted to ask if if I can do so without the dvd burning feature. All I really need to do is cut out commercials and compress down to avi.
Hey, thanks in advance for any answers/help you can give.

:P
That is exactly what I do with it. The DVD burning is still having some issues, but the compression/transcoding and commercial cutting are working great for me.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Adding Video Tools to SageMC 6.3.7

Hello,

I imported the latest Video Tools XML into SageMC 6.3.7 but am unable to see the options under the SageMC settings. I've had the same issue on previous versions of SageMC too so am assuming there is something I am doing wrong. Other tham importing the Video Tools XML into SageMC what else needs to be done in order for the settings to appear as part of the UI?

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi EP,

Thanks for the awesome plugin. I'm close to getting it to work, and I can tell it'll be great. I'm trying DVD burning, and I'm getting an error during generation of the DVD menu, something about "menuBackground.menu.mpg":

Code:
------------ Generating Menu ----------------
  + Running menuGen: "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\menuGen.exe" /themeDir "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd\menus\Blue Two.menu" /workDir "\\Compaq\C My TV Recordings\AccordingtoJim-YouGottaLoveSomebody-4474800-0.mpg.videoDVD.videoDVD.WorkFolder" /videoStandard "NTSC" /videoFile "According to Jim" "You Gotta Love Somebody" "Cheryl and Jims memories of their first meeting conflict when they try to play matchmaker to a cop and his partner (Dan Aykroyd, Laraine Newman)." "\\Compaq\C My TV Recordings\AccordingtoJim-YouGottaLoveSomebody-4474800-0.mpg.videoDVD.videoDVD.WorkFolder\AccordingtoJim-YouGottaLoveSomebody-4474800-0.2_all_to_dvd.1.EncodeOthersDVD.main.jpg"
    - MenuGen result: 
Error: Could not find \\Compaq\C My TV Recordings\AccordingtoJim-YouGottaLoveSomebody-4474800-0.mpg.videoDVD.videoDVD.WorkFolder\menuBackground.menu.mpg
-> Updating Status: error
  + Updating Statusfile: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd Folder\According to Jim - You Gotta Love Somebody(1).videoDVD.error.txt
Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin View Post
Hello,

I imported the latest Video Tools XML into SageMC 6.3.7 but am unable to see the options under the SageMC settings. I've had the same issue on previous versions of SageMC too so am assuming there is something I am doing wrong. Other tham importing the Video Tools XML into SageMC what else needs to be done in order for the settings to appear as part of the UI?

Thanks.
Are you trying to do this on an extender? If so, you must actually import it on the server and then use the resulting STV on the extender.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
Hi EP,
Thanks for the awesome plugin. I'm close to getting it to work, and I can tell it'll be great. I'm trying DVD burning, and I'm getting an error during generation of the DVD menu, something about "menuBackground.menu.mpg":
OK, I tried simplifying my UNC recording paths to not contain spaces, and tried again. I think I'm getting the same error, but this time, I noticed the zip file with the logs. I'll attach it here. If you could look at the logs, it would be great.

Thanks!
Closed Thread