SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

That explains it. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

OK, now the auto compress seems to be a bit flaky. It seems to only pick up and schedule for compressions during prime-time. I can't find anywhere that I scheduled a "blackout" time. Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you mean dirmon2 only picks them up during prime time or Sage only creates the autoCompress files during prime time?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Nothing gets created in the qdvd folder except during prime time. The autoCompress files seem to be created fine.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

That's very strange and its not happening on my system. I'll take a look at the code to see if I can figure out why it might be happening.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Actually, it looks like it started them last night because I was in updating all my series settings. Tonight, none of them are being picked up. Now it just looks like the autocompress setting is being ignored.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll admit the times it runs seems a little random, but i've never noticed it miss a show before so that's an improvment from last time
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

So any suggestions for troubleshooting it?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Out of curiousity, are you using SageTV as a service?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

On my server I am. My main client is actually the one doing the transcoding because it has a great deal more power. On my client I am not, but I never close Sage. Should I change it to a service?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
1) Yeah, I know passing everything through videoredo is the way to go but i'm torn by the fact that its not free so I hesitate to support it. I'm really hoping to find a free way to duplicate their quick stream fix.
This would be so helpful! A free way would be great but the ability to use VideoRedo would be a quick temp. fix for those that have it. I'd really like to automatically run all my recording through quickstream fix. I seem to have random timeline issues and this would take that headache away.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
This would be so helpful! A free way would be great but the ability to use VideoRedo would be a quick temp. fix for those that have it. I'd really like to automatically run all my recording through quickstream fix. I seem to have random timeline issues and this would take that headache away.
What I do is run QuickFix batch on all my files prior to running ShowAnalyzers or Comskip. I simply then set EP compression to wait for EDL

Sample of batchfile below. Will create a file QFixed that you can use as a trigger to comskip etc...

Code:
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.encoding" goto end
set touchpath=\\janedserver\SageEncode\mplayer\

set videoredo_path=c:\program files\videoredoPlus\

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes
if NOT exist %videoredo_path%vp.vbs goto :end

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with encoded file."
rem "if set to no will Qfix file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."

set extension=mpg
rem ........Do Not Touch Below................................................
if Not exist "%~f1" exit
Title QFixing %1
if Not exist "%touchpath%touch.exe" goto errtouch
md %~d1%~p1tmpEncode
del "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1%.encoding"
START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" /t1 /d /q
if errorlevel = 1 goto errtrans
if errorlevel = 0 dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed"
"%touchpath%touch.exe" -r "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
if errorlevel = 1 goto :errtouch
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" del "%~f1"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if exist "%~f1" echo "File In Use Not Replaced">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.inuse%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if not exist "%~f1" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.%extension%"
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1%.encoding"
:end
exit
:errtrans
echo "Error Videoredo Syntax error see below " >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1%.error"
exit
:errtouch
echo "Error Touch.exe not found in %touchpath%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1%.error"
exit

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-24-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can you help me setup up a default Handbrake profile? I've got myself confused getting the switches right

I'd like my default handbrake to be good quality 2-pass, xvid, avi using MP3. Not sure what bit rate to use but the target size i'd like is somewhere around 700 meg for 1.5 hours. I'd also always like the output file to go to a particular directory and not replace the original.

Out of interest what are the default settings for ffmpeg handbrake and mencoder if you don't use the advanced options?

Thanks very much in advance,
Alex

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 10-24-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
Can you help me setup up a default Handbrake profile? I've got myself confused getting the switches right

I'd like my default handbrake to be good quality 2-pass, xvid, avi using MP3. Not sure what bit rate to use but the target size i'd like is somewhere around 700 meg for 1.5 hours. I'd also always like the output file to go to a particular directory and not replace the original.

Out of interest what are the default settings for ffmpeg handbrake and mencoder if you don't use the advanced options?

Thanks very much in advance,
Alex
By default all ffmpeg, handbrake, and mencoder do an in-place deinterlaced 2-pass xvid @1500 kbs(333mb per half hour)/mp3 encode in an avi container.

I'm hard at work in putting in a meathod to create custom profiles like the one you want from inside the STV and it should be done this weekend. Until then you'll have to keep doing it by hand, sorry!

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-24-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sounds good, thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

Many thanks to EP for the help troubleshooting my auto compressions. It turns out the problem was that I had started with an STV that already had the old version imported on at least some of my clients and server. It turns out I needed to start with a base STV and only import the new version (although it might work without this clean up), but more importantly I needed to make sure I upgraded to the latest version on all my Sage systems.

Now for the theoretical question. I'm trying to see if setting up the central work folder will speed up my compressions. My recordings are stored on a NAS box and I'm compressing on one of my clients. I'm thinking that speed might be increased if I use the central work folder on the machine that does the compressions and therefore I'm running at the full speed of the HD without creating extra network traffic.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Sage User

A little help please

penguin, I am having trouble with your plugin. hopefully you can help. I install everything as instructed. When I send a file to compression the expected menus appear. I have tried both custom choices and leaving everything default. After a couple of minutes an error file is created with a line indicating the video I am trying to compress does not exist. The compression is being done on my client machine, it has all of my recording drives map with same name designation (E drive server = mapped E drive on client). Is there something I didn't do correctly?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any updates on the DVD burning??

That is really the only feature I need, and unfortunately for me the last version does not work properly with my source material.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

How's and Why's

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Any updates on the DVD burning??

That is really the only feature I need, and unfortunately for me the last version does not work properly with my source material.
Prolly another week or so, I have some UNC path issues that I need to work out.

I added a "How's and Why's section to the instructions that should hopefully answer peoples questions if they have multiple PC's (toricred) or use videos on the network (iumgrad). Give it a read and let me know if it answers your questions adaquatly.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

That helps a lot, but I still have a question on the central work folder.

When I set up the central work folder on the encoding machine, what path do I put in (i.e., a UNC or a local path) and does it have to writable to by all machines?
Closed Thread