SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the log file.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Here's the log file.
Awesome, thanks for the log

I'll take a look at it tonight.

Quote:
P.S. I got my Q6600 yesterday and boy what a difference it makes Handbrake is now transcoding at ~300fps on SD videos.
Wow, a 2 hour encode in 30 minutes, not bad

Although, with that kind of horse power you might want to consider just doing x264 for everything. You'll get about 150 fps 1st-pass and 50 fps 2nd-pass for SDTV which is roughly 45 minutes of encoding per 60 minutes of SDTV.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 03-10-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

That's odd. I thought I was doing x264 for everything now.

Attached is my autoencode.profile. What is wrong with it?
Attached Files
File Type: txt AutoEncode.profile.txt (1.6 KB, 145 views)
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's odd. I thought I was doing x264 for everything now.

Attached is my autoencode.profile. What is wrong with it?
Hmm... theres some wierd stuff going on in that log you posted. It looks like you may have two different autoEncode profiles in the folder and the old one is overriding your new one. Can you check to see what's going on?

Code:
  + Looking for mencoder profiles file...
   - Found = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\encodingProfiles
   - Profile "autoencode "
    + Number of Encodes : 5
    + Command #0        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/twoPass<&>/cutComm<=>/onePass<&>/cutComm<?
    + Encoder #0        : setOptions
    + Command #1        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~x1080<:>/verticalScale<&>688<&><?
    + Encoder #1        : setOptions
    + Command #2        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/divx<&>/deinterlace<&><=>/x264<&><?
    + Encoder #2        : setOptions
    + Command #3        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)&&ORIGINAL:cropY>688<:>/verticalScale<&>688<&><?
    + Encoder #3        : setOptions
    + Command #4        : ?>(>(>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<)||!ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg||ORIGINAL:audioCodec=~ac3<)&&!isDVD<:>Mencoder<=>HandBrake<?
    + Encoder #4        : insertFunction
    + Output Folder     : 
   - Profile "autoencode "
    + Number of Encodes : 5
    + Command #0        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/twoPass<&>/cutComm<=>/onePass<&>/cutComm<?
    + Encoder #0        : setOptions
    + Command #1        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~x1080<:>/verticalScale<&>688<&><?
    + Encoder #1        : setOptions
    + Command #2        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/divx<&>/deinterlace<&><=>/x264<&><?
    + Encoder #2        : setOptions
    + Command #3        : ?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)&&ORIGINAL:cropY>688<:>/verticalScale<&>688<&><?
    + Encoder #3        : setOptions
    + Command #4        : ?>(>(>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<)||!ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg||ORIGINAL:audioCodec=~ac3<)&&!isDVD<:>Mencoder<=>HandBrake<?
    + Encoder #4        : insertFunction
    + Output Folder     :
Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

I have a file autoencode.profile.profile.old (a test version) which I have now deleted and autoencode.profile. I don't see any others in the encodingprofiles folder on the server. Anywhere else I should look?

Edit: OK, after deleting the .profile.profile.old file, it seems to be doing an x264 video. That said, I'm only getting 70fps on the first pass. The quality with the previous compression was better than I could hope for and I can't tell a difference on SD recordings. I may go back using the old version.

Last edited by toricred; 03-10-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: More information
Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

My code was probably getting confused by that extra file. It probably wasn't the issue, but why don't you try your test again and post that log file so we can rule that out.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

I just submitted the job, but it has one in front of it. I should have something in about 2 hours.

I figured out why it was slower with the x264 than you thought it would be. I was doing denoise which I really don't need. I've removed that from the profile so that the log I supply won't have it.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just submitted the job, but it has one in front of it. I should have something in about 2 hours.

I figured out why it was slower with the x264 than you thought it would be. I was doing denoise which I really don't need. I've removed that from the profile so that the log I supply won't have it.
Yeah, I'm making denoise optional in the next version, I had no idea it slowed things down sooooo much.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

One thing I'm noticing with the files that have problems is that the last clip is like 10 times the size of the other clips. Is that a possible clue?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Well sometimes I can be really stupid. I forgot to turn back on the debug logging before starting this encode so no log was created. I'm starting another one, but it will be tomorrow night before I can check it out.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hmm, i'm definetely going to need a log file to see what's going on. I've never seen a problem like that on my HDextender, but I also never encode anything longer than 1 hour.
Here's a log file for a feature length film. Appreciate any help you give. It's a pain to net be able to watch these on the extender!

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Mission - (1).Auto Encode.48.compress.zip (11.5 KB, 131 views)
Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Sage Icon

OK, here is the log file with the only the one autoencode.profile.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Carousel - (1).AutoEncode.30.compress.log.txt (74.9 KB, 173 views)
Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Excellent, thanks for the logs. I'll capture/compress a few movies this weekend to see if I can't get the bottom of this.

On a side note, I just finished a feature so cool I just had to tell people about it

So, i've already got a nice one-click approach to compressing movie DVD's where it automatically picks the movie title and compresses it. But the problem is I almost never have any movie DVD's ripped to my HTPC, for the most part its only TV show DVD's. And for TV show DVD's the longest title approach that works for movies fails here because, instead of having one long title, there are 2-8 separate, roughly equally lengthed, titles on the DVD that correspond to the individual episodes. So I went ahead and added my own title scan where I check to see if there are multiple titles that are about the same length and, if so, automatically compress all of them.

Now if you want to compress, for instance, a Futurama DVD (about 8 episodes per disc) instead of having to manually figure out which titles go with which episodes and compress each of them individually you can just pick the disc, hit Auto Encode, and a few hours later a new folder will appear next to the DVD containing all the compressed episodes. All you need to do is check to make sure it got them all, rename them to what their supposed to be (sorry, can't automate that ), and then delete the original DVD.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm going to be using this all the time

Last edited by evilpenguin; 03-12-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds pretty sweet EP. Can't wait to see the latest version.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

EP: Just out of curiousity, do you know how much working space the compression requires? And in what directory/drive this space is used? I was just setting up a new harddrive last night and was wondering if I should use the "leave X gb free" option in sage.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

The script creates a temp folder right next to the original recording and can take up to 2 gigs for compression and 12 gigs for making video DVD's. As such I have my drives set to leave 10 gigs free and i've never run into any issues.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey EP, i guess u never saw my last post.... lol

another ?? i was just looking at that comskip thread and i was wondering what version is ur plugin using?? and is it possible to just upgrade it by dropping the new one in the folder where ur comskip is located or will it screw up something.

i thing i did that once in the beginning and it messed everything up...
Old 03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
hey EP, i guess u never saw my last post.... lol

another ?? i was just looking at that comskip thread and i was wondering what version is ur plugin using?? and is it possible to just upgrade it by dropping the new one in the folder where ur comskip is located or will it screw up something.

i thing i did that once in the beginning and it messed everything up...
Hey, sorry, i've been crazy busy these last few weeks. Never hesitate to bump your posts if you feel I missed you, odds are i'm not ignoring you intentionally

Don't worry about my included version of comskip. You should never be using it for your own comskipping needs as I set some crazy options you won’t want and also I’ll update it when/if I think it’ll make a difference for the way I use it in the plug-in.

As for your previous question, I don’t know if you saw, but the real speed killer is the /denoise (I'll be removing it in the next update). You can go ahead and remove that from the “Auto Encode.profile” and I’m sure you’ll see your times cut in half (if not more). Also, your edited encode lines look good.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

On a lark yesterday I took one of the long recordings I couldn't view on my HD extender and re-encoded it to an mkv file. Now I can watch it fine. I'm not sure that's a clue, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Interesting, that may be a good work around.

Actually, Sage supports the mkv container so well on the STX that I've started using it for all of my encoding.
Closed Thread