SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I find that if I force one show to be encoded, then it finds a bunch of other shows or starts encoding the shows as they are recorded again. Very strange.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
I find that if I force one show to be encoded, then it finds a bunch of other shows or starts encoding the shows as they are recorded again. Very strange.
I thought I noticed that happen at some point, too...but haven't been able to replicate it.

Perhaps there's a way to use Dirmon to make auto compression work...I'll play around with it some tonight.

Dave
Old 04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I've run into some issues running Sage as a service where things would mysteriously stop working every once and a while, but I get around this by leaving a Sage UI instance with the SageMC + Video Tools loaded in addition to service. That seems to work consistently.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

EP that's interesting. Because I thought I had solved this problem before. I originally had the problem, then it mysteriously fixed itself. Then it came back again.

I think the key to all of that was that when it started, I didn't have the UI open on the server. Then I was mucking around on the server and left the UI open (this was around when it started working again). Then I closed the UI and left it for a few days. When I came back I noticed it wasn't working again. Then I had to open the server UI to kick off a compression event and then things worked again.

I will be leaving the UI up on the server from now on.

Greg
Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, there are actually two problems hidden in there:

1) People who use the SageTV service don't know that has its own preference file and by default loads the default STV, not whatever STV you load when you open up an instance on top of the service. The way to fix this is to either manually edit the properties file and specify an .xml file that already has video tools imported or stop/disable the service, load up a Sage Instance, configure it how you want it, then quit and restart/enable the service.

2) When the service is configured properly to load the SageMC + Video Tools STV, but sometimes it will randomly stop creating autocompress files. The only way to fix this is restart the service.

But keeping a SageTV instance open on top of the service is a fix for both of these and its what I recommend if at all possible.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ah good point.

I did realize that it had its own config, but it is easy to forget the significance.

BTW, I am pretty sure that the .autocompress files were being created early on, but they weren't being processed. Does that make sense?

I think you are saying that the problem is that the .autocompress files don't get generated at all.

Do the .autocompress files get deleted after the compression is done? If so, then if there are .autocompress file hanging around with no compression job in the queue, something is wrong?

Greg
Old 04-11-2008, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

The first version of SageMC 6.3.7a had an issue where .autocompress files were getting made but nothing else was working (My fault, I sent Dirk some bad code ) but we've resolved this if your running the most recent versions of everything.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

AutoEncode Profile

Hey EP,
I finally upgraded to 3.0k however when my HD video's compress to mkv format they disappear in Sage so i was wondering if you could tell me how to modify the new AutoEncode profile to compress in Avi x264 format similar to what it was in version k.
Thanks in advance,
Jetracers
Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

mkv's disappearing? That's weird...

Easy fix is to open the Auto Encode.profile, find "/mkv" and change it to "/avi".
Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
mkv's disappearing? That's weird...

Easy fix is to open the Auto Encode.profile, find "/mkv" and change it to "/avi".
yeah, i thought it was weird also but for whatever reason its always done it, it even says that its in my properties file so it should be seeing it, anyways thanks i just started some more compressions so hopefully it works
Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
yeah, i thought it was weird also but for whatever reason its always done it, it even says that its in my properties file so it should be seeing it, anyways thanks i just started some more compressions so hopefully it works
So the mkv files exist, but Sage isn't picking them up?

Are you sure you're updated to the latest version of SageTV software on your server machine? I remember that Sage added that ability very recently, 6.3.7 beta I believe.

Quote:
We'll fix that. Thanks.

SageTV Support Team
SageTV, LLC
betatest@sagetv.com
http://www.sagetv.com/

-----Original Message-----
SOFTWARE: SageTV
VERSION: Version 6.3.6
TYPE OF USER: Licensed User

> +++++++++++ BUG ++++++++++

BUG DESCRIPTION: Will SageTV pick up compressed mkv files in-place-replacing
Sage Recordings? I've had some reports that that isn't working as expected.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Unhappy One more try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondr View Post
EP, do you think this will also fix the problems reported back in post #603 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ostcount=603)?
Boy, I feel like an idiot asking the same question over and over again, but I thought I'd give it one last try. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Am I the only person experiencing this? (Commercial Cutting profile seems to have some flawed logic that prevents the renaming of the .edl files)
Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

As you can gather from my discussions with toricred and you there are some serious issues with commercial cutting right now and I just don't have the time to investigate any of them.

In the meantime I recommend just compressing w/o cutting commercials but making sure your .edl files don't get deleted so once I sort out all of the problems you can remove the commercials from the encoded videos then.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 04-15-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

hey EP,
Compressions going great just one question, whenever i extract the newer version of video tools should i be reloading the STVi file also.
Thanks in advance,
Jetracers
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Yep, you need to load the new STVi file into a fresh copy of SageMC every time.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

That may be the cause of my problems. I don't think I've been doing this. I'll try this tonight.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey EP,
Went in today to send some videos to compress and when I clicked on advanced settings the window popped up with no options in it. any idea whats going on.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

I recorded The Mummy the other day via my HDHomerun on an unencrypted movie channel. Afterwards I sent it to compress using the autoencode profile. I just played it to check if the compression went properly and everything is in... spanish. Any idea how that happened and how to prevent that from happening again? Is the english audio channel lost?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Hey EP,
Went in today to send some videos to compress and when I clicked on advanced settings the window popped up with no options in it. any idea whats going on.
It should be working as long as you have the latest versions of both plug-ins installed and running on your PC. I'd recommend reverting back to a fresh SageMC_169.xml and then importing the latest video tools again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
I recorded The Mummy the other day via my HDHomerun on an unencrypted movie channel. Afterwards I sent it to compress using the autoencode profile. I just played it to check if the compression went properly and everything is in... spanish. Any idea how that happened and how to prevent that from happening again? Is the english audio channel lost?
Lo siento pero el Inglés de audio es completamente ido. Ninguno de mis grabaciones han múltiples pistas de audio de manera que nunca he visto esto antes, pero estoy bastante seguro de que sé cómo solucionarlo, sólo hay que encontro el tiempo

Translation:
I'm sorry but the English audio is completely gone. None of my recordings have multiple audio tracks so I've never seen this before but I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it, I just need to find the time.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this plugin what I need?

That's my question. I have recently discovered the ultimate coolness of loading up a TV show that I recorded from Sage onto my iPhone and watching at the gym. I think my wife will want the same kind of action for her iPod. SO - for some shows, I'm going to want to convert them down to the specs required by these portable devices. Not automatically (at least not yet) - mainly just manually choosing which show I want to load onto the iPod and starting the video conversion then.

I used the iPod High Quality setting that seems to be standard in SageTV, and it worked OK for a SD show, although it would have been nice if it cropped out the letter boxing. Using the same setting for an HD show gave me a distorted (squeezed) 4:3 full screen encode. So that's no good.

So the question, is should I set this up, or just use some other tools outside of sage for this? Handbrake seems pretty cool, but I can't get it to work for anything other than DVDs as the source file.

btl.