SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I use iPodifer.

iPodifier Web Site

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
It should be working as long as you have the latest versions of both plug-ins installed and running on your PC. I'd recommend reverting back to a fresh SageMC_169.xml and then importing the latest video tools again.
I have extracted the latest version of tools and reloaded it back into sage however my advanced options are still not showing up. I'm not sure if this could help diagnose the problem but im using SageTV v6.3.10.166 and SageMC v6.3.6b
Old 04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

AutoCompress New Favorites

Not sure if I've got things confused or not. I would like new favorites that I setup to Autocompress. As it is if I setup a Favorite I then have to go into the Favorite manager and tell it to skip commercials, Autocompress, and wait for Commercial skip. I also have to select a compression profile. After I setup all of that I have selected Set Default but that doesn't seem to be the default that comes up the next time I create a Favorite.

I'm the first to admit that I have probably missed something.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
I have extracted the latest version of tools and reloaded it back into sage however my advanced options are still not showing up. I'm not sure if this could help diagnose the problem but im using SageTV v6.3.10.166 and SageMC v6.3.6b
Your problem might be the version of SageMC you're using. The current version is 6.3.7a.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
Not sure if I've got things confused or not. I would like new favorites that I setup to Autocompress. As it is if I setup a Favorite I then have to go into the Favorite manager and tell it to skip commercials, Autocompress, and wait for Commercial skip. I also have to select a compression profile. After I setup all of that I have selected Set Default but that doesn't seem to be the default that comes up the next time I create a Favorite.

I'm the first to admit that I have probably missed something.
Nope, my stuff isn't hooked into the "Set Default" yet, so for now you'll have to do it by hand for each one.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nope, my stuff isn't hooked into the "Set Default" yet, so for now you'll have to do it by hand for each one.
Thanks for the reply. I have just a couple of questions.

Throughout the SageMC settings there are places that Autocompress can be enabled. Do any of those settings do anything? Or are they just if you are not using the VideoTools?

If I use the Set Defaults should any of the defaults for new Favorites Stick (things besides the Video compression & comskip)?

Is there any way of using something like DirMon2 to get every recording to be compressed with certain settings or profile?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

What Process Removes the old MPG File?

I setup DirMon2 to autoencode all recordings. It is working fine except after it does the Inplace AVI file creation it does not remove the original MPG file. And I'm not sure if just deleting the original MPG file will leave the AVI file as an orphan without an entry in the STV recorded shows area.

Just wondering what process actually deletes the old MPG and makes sure its info is in the STV DB?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

mencoder.exe failure

This is what I want to do:
burn a few episodes of The Office (recorded in HD) onto a DVD.

So, I downloaded this suite of tools, etc. yesterday, and it appears everything is installed find and I'm able to "send" the recordings to be burned.
But, after a while I get an error pop-up saying the mencoder.exe encountered an error and is shutting down.

I'll admit that I didn't read this whole thread, but the couple of searches I did, didn't seem to turn up a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running the latest SageTV and SageMC, btw.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 05-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Sage User

hi,

i have a problem with handbrake. Its no woking when i use "auto decode" or choose it about advanced ooptions. The problem itself is also pretty straight forward. As im living in Germany, the epg data sometimes conain letters like "ü" "ö" "ä" . Some kind of mutated vowels. Sagetv generates the filenames in that way, that it just omit that vowels. in the qdvd folders the files will be generated with spaces instead the vowels. So in the end handbrake cant find the files.

any help ?

thanks

Alexander
Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone have some ideas on what this problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
This is what I want to do:
burn a few episodes of The Office (recorded in HD) onto a DVD.

So, I downloaded this suite of tools, etc. yesterday, and it appears everything is installed find and I'm able to "send" the recordings to be burned.
But, after a while I get an error pop-up saying the mencoder.exe encountered an error and is shutting down.

I'll admit that I didn't read this whole thread, but the couple of searches I did, didn't seem to turn up a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running the latest SageTV and SageMC, btw.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Anyone have some ideas on what this problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mitch
Try downloading the latest RTM build of mplayer from here, and replace my mencoder with the one in the download.

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsounder View Post
hi,

i have a problem with handbrake. Its no woking when i use "auto decode" or choose it about advanced ooptions. The problem itself is also pretty straight forward. As im living in Germany, the epg data sometimes conain letters like "ü" "ö" "ä" . Some kind of mutated vowels. Sagetv generates the filenames in that way, that it just omit that vowels. in the qdvd folders the files will be generated with spaces instead the vowels. So in the end handbrake cant find the files.

any help ?

thanks

Alexander
Yeah, unfortunately, my plug-in has a lot of trouble with non-US characters. I can try and take a look at this when I start working on the plug-in again.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
I setup DirMon2 to autoencode all recordings. It is working fine except after it does the Inplace AVI file creation it does not remove the original MPG file. And I'm not sure if just deleting the original MPG file will leave the AVI file as an orphan without an entry in the STV recorded shows area.

Just wondering what process actually deletes the old MPG and makes sure its info is in the STV DB?

Thanks
I'm guessing you're modeling your method on the batch files so all you should need to do is add "/outputMode inPlace" and it should start working for you.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Try downloading the latest RTM build of mplayer from here, and replace my mencoder with the one in the download.

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
Thanks for the suggestion, I simply copied over the "new" mencoder.exe, but it didn't help.
BTW, the "new" version was from October(?) 2007 and it was overwriting a file timestamped as Jan 2008.

Any other ideas?

Mitch
Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I hate to post these questions. They seem too basic but I just don't understand how this works and the documentation isn't helping me.

I have two questions:
1) On this page: http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...ng+SageMC+STVi The screen shot shows a dynamic menu screen in the background with a Select Internal Screen popup. What is this? Is there a status menu that tells me what Video Tools is doing? I haven't found it if there is.

2) And this one is really basic but my head is spinning with the options. I just can't figure out the interplay between "auto compression" "enable video compression" and "default compression". There also seems to be a .autoCompress file that gets created. Is that a sage thing or a video tools thing? It is being created right now, does that mean that Sage is trying to run its own internal compression instead of video tools?

2a) When I go to a favourite and I want to setup a compression job for, it, there are a few options. There is:
"Auto Compress Series" - yes/ no
"Add Compress Job" - add Clear

There are also the various "Wait until ...." settings.

I want to use Video Tools to do the compression.
I don't want the built in sage stuff to do the compression.
I want to wait until the comskip file is created but I use SJQ to create the comskip file. Does that matter or does this process just monitor waiting for the edl file to popup?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm, nobody can explain this?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I bring up the convert menu on a .vob file (ripped dvd), I don't get any of the profile selections like when doing the same thing from a recorded show. It simply goes straight to the advanced menu. Is there a way to get the same menu as recordings to come up?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

So, I haven't been keeping up, what is the current status of the DVD encoding of the plugin??
Old 05-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Things have been crazy here lately, but I'll give a shot on the ones I know:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
I hate to post these questions. They seem too basic but I just don't understand how this works and the documentation isn't helping me.

I have two questions:
1) On this page: http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...ng+SageMC+STVi The screen shot shows a dynamic menu screen in the background with a Select Internal Screen popup. What is this? Is there a status menu that tells me what Video Tools is doing? I haven't found it if there is.
1. Yes this is a status page, it will tell you if a compression is queued, in process or failed. If a compression is successful, it just disapears from the list. You have to add this menu to your dynamic menus.

Quote:
2) And this one is really basic but my head is spinning with the options. I just can't figure out the interplay between "auto compression" "enable video compression" and "default compression". There also seems to be a .autoCompress file that gets created. Is that a sage thing or a video tools thing? It is being created right now, does that mean that Sage is trying to run its own internal compression instead of video tools?
2. Auto compression means that any favorites that are configured for compression will be added to the queue automatically and you don't have to manually queue them. Enable video compression turns the entire compression capability on or off. Default compression is whether to use Sage's built-in compression or not. If using the built-in one, this customization is not used for compression.

Quote:
2a) When I go to a favourite and I want to setup a compression job for, it, there are a few options. There is:
"Auto Compress Series" - yes/ no
"Add Compress Job" - add Clear

There are also the various "Wait until ...." settings.

I want to use Video Tools to do the compression.
I don't want the built in sage stuff to do the compression.
I want to wait until the comskip file is created but I use SJQ to create the comskip file. Does that matter or does this process just monitor waiting for the edl file to popup?
2a. If you set it to wait for the comskip file, it doesn't matter what you have monitoring and creating the .edl or .txt file. You could use SJQ, Comskip Monitor, Dirmon, or anything else. It just won't start the compression until the .edl or .txt file is there. If you want to use this compression system, then you need to disable Default compression.

Quote:
Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
Hopefully this answers all your questions.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

That answered them all. Well, except for how to add the status menu via dynamic menus. I can't find an xml file to load via the dynamic menus that would add this status screen. Where can I find that?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions though!
Greg
Closed Thread