SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

ffmpeg.exe return incorrect duration and bit rate

I have VideoTools 3.0k installed and it appears to be failing to re-encode multiple mpeg2 files to fit on one DVD becasue ffmpeg.exe is iether not returning the correct file info or EP's tool is incorrectley parseing the return into his program.

The log shows the following version info: -
------------ FFmpeg Version ----------------
FFmpeg version SVN-rUNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --extra-libs=-lwsock32 --enable-libfaad --enable-x264 --enable-memalign-hack --enable-gpl --enable-xvid --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --disable-debug --enable-amr_wb --enable-amr_nb --enable-liba52
libavutil version: 49.4.0
libavcodec version: 51.40.2
libavformat version: 51.11.0
built on Jan 18 2008 12:27:02, gcc: 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
Unable for find a suitable output format for 'NUL'
Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think the mpeg file metadata is corrupted. WMP and WinDVD can't work out the duration of the file either. I'll have a go at fixing the file.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry

hey EP, something wierd happened to my sage over the weekend,
for whatever reason it froze yesterday while watching something, so i had to close sage thru task manager and then when i reboot the computer all my recordings were gone there was nothing in recorded tv,
since they were all converted they all dropped into My Videos folder. so i pulled a back up of my wiz.bin file and upgraded to Sage 6.4.8 and reinstalled all of the plugins including the video tools 3.0 and they convert fine

but now every time a video is converted it goes to the My Videos tab... wtf!!! it never did that before, any idea what's causing this....
Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
hey EP, something wierd happened to my sage over the weekend,
for whatever reason it froze yesterday while watching something, so i had to close sage thru task manager and then when i reboot the computer all my recordings were gone there was nothing in recorded tv,
since they were all converted they all dropped into My Videos folder. so i pulled a back up of my wiz.bin file and upgraded to Sage 6.4.8 and reinstalled all of the plugins including the video tools 3.0 and they convert fine

but now every time a video is converted it goes to the My Videos tab... wtf!!! it never did that before, any idea what's causing this....
Sounds like you might have some wiz.bin corruption issues. Obviously step one is to disable my plug-in. Then can you check to make sure that the names of the coveted videos are exactly the same as the original recordings (minus the extension).

Edit: Also try switching to the default STV and manually scheduling an inplace compression.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-08-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Sounds like you might have some wiz.bin corruption issues. Obviously step one is to disable my plug-in. Then can you check to make sure that the names of the coveted videos are exactly the same as the original recordings (minus the extension).

Edit: Also try switching to the default STV and manually scheduling an inplace compression.
So i've been trying to figure this out the past few days, i gave up on the corrupt wiz.bin nothing i could do there i found one from 6months ago and just copied that over...
then i switched to the default STV for a few days and reinstalled sagemc and video tools from scratch.
also tried manual conversion in the default stv, it works fine without issues.
so i loaded everything back up and the next i came back and noticed the recordings from previous night that should have been converted were all gone...

so i started playing around and for whatever reason now, half of the recordings gets converted without issues and the other half gets deleted after conversion, the .edl and .txt files are still around and the log files are still there but no .avi files

here are some logs of the ones that worked fine and that got deleted in the zip file, pls let me know if u can have a look and if u can see anything. in the meantime only thing i can do is like u said disable the tool completely
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (38.8 KB, 136 views)
Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

This happened to me last night too. Apparently there's a known bug in 6.4.8 that deletes some shows that aren't compressed with their engine...

Quote:
This is a bug in V6.4.8 that's fixed for V6.4.9 when that comes out. As a
workaround for now you should set this:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

This bug does NOT occur if you use the built-in convert feature of SageTV.
Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
Thanks for the heads up guys, I didn't want to watch those shows anyways!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Sage User

cropping out closed captioning lines

ep, I've got a question about your Auto Encode profile and cropping. I think your AE profile searchs for black bars and crops them. Normally that works great, but I've got some SD recordings with white, closed-captioning lines at the top of the encoded video. I don't think the autocrop feature is handling this well... I *think* the lines are fooling the black-bar-finder.

Is there a way to mod the Auto Encode profile or the handbrake profile to automatically scrap the (say) top 5 lines of every video? I only have SD now, and I don't mind losing 5 lines from every video to get the black bars removed from letterboxed content.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondr View Post
ep, I've got a question about your Auto Encode profile and cropping. I think your AE profile searchs for black bars and crops them. Normally that works great, but I've got some SD recordings with white, closed-captioning lines at the top of the encoded video. I don't think the autocrop feature is handling this well... I *think* the lines are fooling the black-bar-finder.

Is there a way to mod the Auto Encode profile or the handbrake profile to automatically scrap the (say) top 5 lines of every video? I only have SD now, and I don't mind losing 5 lines from every video to get the black bars removed from letterboxed content.

Thanks,
Ryan
I'm currently giving the AutoCrop logic a little attention and one of the things I intend to add is to try and determine when I need to crop out over scan and when I don't.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

compressing

hey EP,
Yesterday i sent a recording to compress and the show was broken into two parts(does this sometimes) so it only compressed the first segment of the show i thought in the past that your plug-in compensated for this. so im just curious if im remembering this right. also i would like the correct syntax for editing the QDVD file my self to tell it to splice together if possible.

Also I am still using the old AutoEncode profile instead of Auto Encode(2words) is there any advantage to using the new profile
thanx in advance,
Jet
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Combining segments is possible, but I have never done anything about that in the past. I'll take a look at that and see if I can start doing that.

Also, the "AutoEncode" profile just calls the "Auto Encode" profile so you should be fine.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This happened to me last night too. Apparently there's a known bug in 6.4.8 that deletes some shows that aren't compressed with their engine...

Thanks for the heads up guys, I didn't want to watch those shows anyways!
Thanks for the info.
Just had the same issue and thankfully --I really didn't ...
Old 09-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

New & improved problem ..

So now ... Video Tools is not erasing the compressed videos from my drive .. it's erasing them from wiz.bin. Anytime I compress a show - it dissappears from my list of recorded shows. The file is on the drive and compressed. But no longer in Sage.

The only different thing in my setup is that I am not using Sage as a service so I can use the Netflix plugin. Would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
So now ... Video Tools is not erasing the compressed videos from my drive .. it's erasing them from wiz.bin. Anytime I compress a show - it dissappears from my list of recorded shows. The file is on the drive and compressed. But no longer in Sage.

The only different thing in my setup is that I am not using Sage as a service so I can use the Netflix plugin. Would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Anyone got an idea about this behaviour? EP? Anyone? It's driving me mad! Heroes starts tomorrow. I would HATE HATE HATE with the flames of a thousand burning suns to lose my Heroes episodes .... ... or Fringe or Terminator. My kids' anime have been the sacrifices so far.
Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

There's a bug in Sage that is randomly deleting shows that you try and recompress so...

*DISABLE MY PLUG-IN IF YOU DON'T WANT SHOWS DELETED*

There's nothing I can do, the bug is in the core.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
There's a bug in Sage that is randomly deleting shows that you try and recompress so...

*DISABLE MY PLUG-IN IF YOU DON'T WANT SHOWS DELETED*

There's nothing I can do, the bug is in the core.
The files themselves aren't being deleted.. just the entries for the files in wiz.bin so that they no longer appear in the recorded tv list.

This is the bug? Ok.. I guess I misunderstood... sorry!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's currently happening with SageTV's built in compression on Windows

Hey no worries ;-)

It's currently happening with SageTV's built in compression (High Quality XVid) on Windows too

I thought I would compress some shows I've been recording for the girlfriend 17 entries lost ...

Still got the video though ;-)

I guess I get to send in a bug report ;-)
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

i cant live without the compression, i reinstalled sage 6.3.10 a few days ago and the compression is fine again, no more files being deleted

i'll let someone else be the guinea pig when the new version comes out, until then 6.3.10 does a good enough job for me
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage User

So I've only started with SageTV, (3 weeks now) and it's running fine. I was about to install these tools to get compression going (man 750Gb goes fast at 2Gb/hour...) but I see there are currently issues.

So where can I look to see the progress of the fixed versions? I have to say the SageTV website isn't the most intuitive I've ever used.

Thanks for the support!

Rich
Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Rich - monitor this thread (and the current one too, I guess) for updates. Nothing you're seeing here is going to make it to the Sage www page - these are all 3rd party plugins that aren't officially Sage supported.

Matt
Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
i cant live without the compression, i reinstalled sage 6.3.10 a few days ago and the compression is fine again, no more files being deleted

i'll let someone else be the guinea pig when the new version comes out, until then 6.3.10 does a good enough job for me
How Exactly did you move back to 6.3.10 did you do a fresh install?
Closed Thread