SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
This happened to me last night too. Apparently there's a known bug in 6.4.8 that deletes some shows that aren't compressed with their engine...
This is a bug in V6.4.8 that's fixed for V6.4.9 when that comes out. As a
workaround for now you should set this:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

This bug does NOT occur if you use the built-in convert feature of SageTV.
Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC

So EP will this fix make it so i dont have to disable your plug-in or am i going to have to wait till V6.4.9 comes out? thanks in advance.
Jet
Old 09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
So EP will this fix make it so i dont have to disable your plug-in or am i going to have to wait till V6.4.9 comes out? thanks in advance.
Jet
Well, according to Sage support this is the temp fix and i'm more than happy to take their word for it.

And from looking at the logs it makes sense because the problem was with Sage detecting the compressed shows as partial recordings (the tiny videos generated when your channel surfing) and deleting them immediatly.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
How Exactly did you move back to 6.3.10 did you do a fresh install?
nope, exactly the same way is if u would install a new version, i just did it with the older version...switch to the sagetv3.xml or whatever the default .stv is called, then back up the usual wiz.bin and hit the setup.exe file and let it do the rest and then i just reloaded all the imports
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Combining segments is possible, but I have never done anything about that in the past. I'll take a look at that and see if I can start doing that.

Also, the "AutoEncode" profile just calls the "Auto Encode" profile so you should be fine.
Hey EP I know your busy but was just wondering if there is any update to this, or if there is anything you might suggest doing in the meantime.
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got combining segments working in my code, but i'll have to add STV support to recognize when a show is broken up and pass all the parts.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've got combining segments working in my code, but i'll have to add STV support to recognize when a show is broken up and pass all the parts.
alright thanks, Ill check back later.
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey, is it possible to run the Video Tools on a separate computer w/o installing the plugin on the SageTV computer? I want to get the transcoding / commercial cutting benefits w/o running into the deleting videos issue.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Compression question

Hey EP,
So the question is my encodes are taking a long time right now sometimes over 5hrs. Im going to include a log file of my last encode and if you could let me know whats slowing it down so much. I have a feeling it may be /denoise if it is can you remind me how to get rid of it, do i just delete the "/denoise".

Thanks in advance,
Jet
Update: Also I went to look for my smallville recording last night but it was totally gone along with another recording, the only thing that i did different this time was told the autoencode profile to cut commercials. Any Idea why my recordings would disappear. I've reverted to sagetv V6.3.10 and have seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false in my properties file. Any insight would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Smallville - Committed(1).AutoEncode.60.compress.zip (14.7 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by Jetracers; 10-21-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

First off, about the files getting deleted. Sage's file reclaiming is such a hack job that I'm not surprised its having so many issues. From my end, I'm swapping the files out as quick and clean as possible so it can't be my fault. I don't have any thoughts except to wait for the next release. I'll be sure to test it thoroughly.

As for the slow encodes, there are a few problems in that version. First of all its 1080i and its just slow on its own accord. On my quad core PC I get 100 fps for 720p and 30fps for 1080i. Secondly, in that version I'm accidentally deinterlacing when I shouldn't be.

You can try downloading the latest version from the development thread and seeing if it helps at all. All you need to do is download the zip, extract it, and drag and drop videos onto tv2pc.exe.

edit: OK, I'm cranky and tired so "hack job" is probably a little strong, but I do honestly think its an area of Sage that's plagued by legacy code and methodology that goes all the way back to Sage 1.0.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-23-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

Video Tools Path Length Troubles

First i would like to say thanks to EP. Your plugin is awesome. I've gotten pretty much everything working but I have a few questions.

Windows Server 2003 R2
SageTV 6.3.10
SageMC 6.3.7a
HDHR with the April firmware (2x - 4 tuners)
All OTA HD recordings

1. I am running into path length problems for shows that have long file names (Terminator, The Sarah Conner..., for example). The script can not find files that i know exist. Every time i run into this problem the path length has exceeding the 255 character limit. I am using a central work folder and wonder if there is a way to work directly in that central work folder and not create the "showname.workfolder" sub folder in the central work folder. This would drastically reduce the path length

2. With regard to profiles, is there a way to kick an error and stop processing the file if certain conditions aren't met? If the audio is not AC3 5.1 i want to stop processing the file. For some reason Sage displays some of my recordings has having 2 ac3 stereo streams, instead of a single 5.1 ac3 stream. The audio is still there, but the file headers are screwed up.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
1. I am running into path length problems for shows that have long file names (Terminator, The Sarah Conner..., for example). The script can not find files that i know exist. Every time i run into this problem the path length has exceeding the 255 character limit. I am using a central work folder and wonder if there is a way to work directly in that central work folder and not create the "showname.workfolder" sub folder in the central work folder. This would drastically reduce the path length
Ahh, I keep forgetting to test long file names. I'll make sure that works in my dev code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
2. With regard to profiles, is there a way to kick an error and stop processing the file if certain conditions aren't met? If the audio is not AC3 5.1 i want to stop processing the file. For some reason Sage displays some of my recordings has having 2 ac3 stereo streams, instead of a single 5.1 ac3 stream. The audio is still there, but the file headers are screwed up.
Actually, I just added that ability last week. It'll be in the next version.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ahh, I keep forgetting to test long file names. I'll make sure that works in my dev code.

Actually, I just added that ability last week. It'll be in the next version.
Great, looking forward to the next release.

EDIT: One more question, is there a switch that i can set in the profile to just copy the audio and not do any processing on it? From what I can tell if i set the /ac3 switch it does some processing on the audio and doesn't just copy the original ac3. Thanks

Last edited by razrsharpe; 10-27-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Audio missing in last 5ish min of video

Today i was watching a show that had been encoded. When it came to the last 5 min of the show the audio stopped and video playback became choppy. When i started to investigate it i found multiple shows with same problem. Perfect audio/video sync until the last 5ish min (1 hr recordings). Then the audio would stop completely and the video would either play fine or be choppy.

Also Mplayer and VLC both have problems playing any portion of the video. Sage plays it fine both in the client and on the hd extender (until the audio problem).

I primarily use this program to encode already watched video so i know the original mpeg was good (and also why it took awhile to find this problem). I attached the log for one of the shows with the problem.

Also i noticed in the dev thread that Jetracers reported a similar issue (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=87).... could they be related? eventhough im using 3.0? Any ideas? or questions?

SageTV 6.310
SageMC 6.3.7a
VideoTools 3.0k
HDHR OTA (2x)

Thanks,
raZr
Attached Files
File Type: zip NUMB3RS - Magic Show(1).Auto Encode 2.48.compress.zip (15.2 KB, 130 views)
Old 11-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Sage User

re-post from dev thread

For some reason this got posted in the dev thread...should have been here. I'm still not able to install the plugin :-( I'm obviously doing something stupid, please show me the way

In any event, I grabbed this file:

SageMC_VideoTools_v3_0k

From the sourceforge site:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=548302

Making the assumption that "k" was just the latest release...

I unzipped that in \Program Files\SageTV

In there I now have: \Program Files\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\

Which is where I see the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml file...but "empty" is what I see.

This goes back to one of my previous questions, what/where do I get the "SageMC_169.xml STV" (From Step 4a here: http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...ng+SageMC+STVi).

I don't know why it's not recognizing the file...and without that I'm sort of stuck.

After rebooting getting Dirmon to run worked just fine without having to do it in services manually (although I see it there now, which is good).

Some extra info: Going one option down to "SageTV Application Package" is set to "SageTV3.xml" Above that the "version" of the latest STV is 2008080902. When I go to the interface to change the application package it DOES list the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml file. Not that I think it matters but I'm using the "standard 1080p interface" below all that.
END EDIT

Thanks for all the help!

Rich
Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

You need to download SageMC and use it for your STV. The latest version is available here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks1789 View Post
For some reason this got posted in the dev thread...should have been here. I'm still not able to install the plugin :-( I'm obviously doing something stupid, please show me the way

In any event, I grabbed this file:

SageMC_VideoTools_v3_0k

From the sourceforge site:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=548302

Making the assumption that "k" was just the latest release...

I unzipped that in \Program Files\SageTV

In there I now have: \Program Files\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\

Which is where I see the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml file...but "empty" is what I see.

This goes back to one of my previous questions, what/where do I get the "SageMC_169.xml STV" (From Step 4a here: http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net...ng+SageMC+STVi).

I don't know why it's not recognizing the file...and without that I'm sort of stuck.

After rebooting getting Dirmon to run worked just fine without having to do it in services manually (although I see it there now, which is good).

Some extra info: Going one option down to "SageTV Application Package" is set to "SageTV3.xml" Above that the "version" of the latest STV is 2008080902. When I go to the interface to change the application package it DOES list the SageMCVideoTools_v3_0.xml file. Not that I think it matters but I'm using the "standard 1080p interface" below all that.
END EDIT

Thanks for all the help!

Rich
As Toricred says this plug-in is only designed to work with SageMC so you must download and install that first before you can use this plug-in.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Thanks EP for a great plugin, still working out its limitations as I understand this is work in progress.
I am especially impressed with the quality of the compressed video files using the auto encode function, especially considering how small the files become compared to the original.
Pitty about the Recordings list loosing track of the new files
I found a way around comskiping the original uncompressed files, I connect to the server using Sage PlaceShifter which complains about the changed STV (obviously I am running SageMC) but I tell it to ignore and proceed without rebuilding anything.
I get the best of both worlds this way, Placeshifter gives me access to the SageTV custom STV with all the plugins I had loaded before loading SageMC and allows be to trigger commands.
In similar fashion if I want a recording compressed without loosing it from the list I trigger the conversion using your web based control console which calls on the SageTV transcoder.
The seeker switch change didn't work for me as suggested unfortunately, but I will keep playing with it.
I think I am going to need setup a beta testing box at this rate because already some of my tuners are trying to load the wrong capture filters due to the amount of changes I have been making lately ... but I am loving it ... keep up the good work.

Last edited by fearless; 11-09-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
So now ... Video Tools is not erasing the compressed videos from my drive .. it's erasing them from wiz.bin. Anytime I compress a show - it dissappears from my list of recorded shows. The file is on the drive and compressed. But no longer in Sage.

The only different thing in my setup is that I am not using Sage as a service so I can use the Netflix plugin. Would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Found a way around this problem, not very elegant but it works.
Enabled the .my file option in SageMC and added the SageTV recording directory to the Media Import directories list.
So far everything looks ok and the SageMC compressed video file seems to become visible in the Recordings list again and it doesn't look like the other video files become duplicated either.
Changing the seeker options in Sage.Properties didn't work for me

Regards
Mike
Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Issues with compression

Hey EP,
Having some issues with this plugin attached are the logs thought you could take a look let me know whats going on.
Thanks in advance,
Jet
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless View Post
Found a way around this problem, not very elegant but it works.
Enabled the .my file option in SageMC and added the SageTV recording directory to the Media Import directories list.
So far everything looks ok and the SageMC compressed video file seems to become visible in the Recordings list again and it doesn't look like the other video files become duplicated either.
Changing the seeker options in Sage.Properties didn't work for me

Regards
Mike
A trick that i have learned is use Nielm webserver and mark it as a manual recording and it reappears.
Closed Thread