SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, try this,

1) Stop Dirmon2
2) Run profile2bat.exe in the SageTV directory
3) Scedule a new show to compress through SageTV
4) Go into the "SageTV\qdvd folder" and grab a .qdvd file
5) Drag and drop it onto qdvd_dragNdrop.bat in the SageTV directory

Let me know how it goes.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

evilpenguin,

I followed your instructions and yes conversion happened. So now the question is what's wrong with my setup that it only worked with your "work-around"?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirmon2's service must be messed up. Try stoping/uninstalling the dirmon2 service (throught the dirmon2 GUI), re-entering your username and password, then installing/starting it again.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
What still isn't working:
* Anything having to do with DVD's
Does this include DVD compression? I've read many questions on this thread pertaining to DVD burning, but I'm wondering if I can compress DVDs that are on my hard drive using handbrake with this add-on (if that functionality is not currently available will it ever be)?

BTW,kudos for another awesome release of this add-on EP .
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Does this include DVD compression? I've read many questions on this thread pertaining to DVD burning, but I'm wondering if I can compress DVDs that are on my hard drive using handbrake with this add-on (if that functionality is not currently available will it ever be)?

BTW,kudos for another awesome release of this add-on EP .
Oh sorry, that's a bit ambiguous. Yes, compressioning of DVD's that you have backed up to your harddrive still works awesome.

By default it will just compress the longest title, but for DVD's where that won't work (like TV show DVD's) you can play the DVD in Sage, get the title/chapter numbers from the OSD and enter them when you go to compress.

Also, the file will probably be named pretty poorly by default, you should really set an output name also.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great,
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try this out as soon as I get home (yep, posting on the job again...slow day).

In case anyone is interested in DVD compression but is fairly new to the subject, as I am, there is a great thread over at the handbrake forum where users have posted their configs along with their priorities/objectives for compressing:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=382

I don't know how helpful it will be to those who wish to compress shows, but there may be a useful nugget or two in there for you as well.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 PM

EP, thanks again for all the hard work on the Video Tools. I've been using SageTV since around 4.0 (and v2 of the DVD burning suite) and installed SMC just for this particular mod.

Unfortunately, that may be a bit more of a hindrance than an asset -- I'm thinking maybe I should've just gone for the clean install, because in trying to make DVD images from .qdvd files (I know the DVD burning isn't implemented in 3.0 yet, but the making of the images from the .qdvd files is, yes?), I'm getting errors from perl2dvd, though DirMon2 does seem to be set up correctly....

The .qdvd errors have almost vexed me to the point I'm considering going back to v2.0 of the burning tools -- but I'm so frazzled from looking over it this last weekend I'm worried that I might've overlooked something dreadfully obvious during the numerous upgrades/installs. (Yes, G: is my external drive upon which I keep my video files; makes life much easier.)

If you (or anyone else) can see where I might be going wrong, I'd appreciate it very much -- good luck as you continue to evolve this set of tools; it's gone from becoming merely valuable to a must-have for me.

Last edited by sigma7; 12-08-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Every aspect of making a video DVD is in a non working state right now and will be until I fix some issues.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-18-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

"Offload" compress/convert?

I have a high powered server that I want to use to do the conversion.

The scheduling is setup, dirmon2 is set wit a network account, and the QDVD files are being sent to the server correctly for processing.

Unfortunately the MPG fiels are on the Sage client. Specifically the S drive. So when the QDVD files hits the server, it has a hard path of S:\ in it.

How can I change this to be a UNC to make this easier?

I also ran your central file thing and have it doing all the processing locally on the server.

How do i get Sage to put out the QDVD file with a UNC in the path instead of the local path?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

The paths in the qdvd files come straight from where SageTV thinks the recordings are. So to get those paths to be UNC you have to go into Sage and update your recording drives to be the UNC equivalent of what they are now. I'm fairly certain you can just go in, remove the current paths, and then add the new UNC ones and you won't lose anything... although, just to be 100% safe you should back up your SageTV directory first.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

That sounds logical, but then instead of my player going to the local drive to play media, it will go to the network (which happens to be on the same machine).

Will this cause any slowdown?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

That didn't work. I changed the recording directory and restarted just to make sure. The QDVD file still shows the "actual" local path instead of the UNC.

Here's the line from my sage.properties that shows the recording direcotory:

seeker/video_storage=\\\\sagetv\\tv_files,20000000000,3;
Old 11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

it wont change in previously created files -- it will change from that point forward. unfortunately I dont have this plugin installed as yet but I am eagerly watching its development because I REALLY want commercial cutting cropping and compressing. anyways, I believe you will have to re-generate the qdvd file for it to be changed.

hopefully that helps and doesnt hinder ^^

Cory
Old 11-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I changed the setting, rebooted, then tried to send something to compress.

The QDVD file still showed up with the wrong path.

Are you saying that once the file has been recorded that it will have the wrong path encoded in it? I have to record a new file after the setting was changed?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

You probably have to remove the local references to the video directories as well as add their UNC counterparts.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's been my experience,

You may be able to fool it by mapping a drive if the drive letter on your server isn't already used on your local machine. I've not tried this.

Mick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru View Post
I changed the setting, rebooted, then tried to send something to compress.

The QDVD file still showed up with the wrong path.

Are you saying that once the file has been recorded that it will have the wrong path encoded in it? I have to record a new file after the setting was changed?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is insane.

I mapped the S drive back to my SageTV server from my proposed compression server so the paths match exactly.

It STILL say it cannot find the video file.

I changed accounts that the dirmon process was running under to one that had a remembered mapped drive, still no help.

Apparently my computer mojo is running quite low.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

No problem, on to plan b...

If you ran setupCentralWorkFolder.exe then you should have a perl2dvd.advanced.pref file. Go ahead and open that up and add this line...

Code:
General: Translate full paths to UNC paths =S:\Full\Path::\\sagetv\tv_files
Or whatever your paths should be. That should have the script automatically translate for you.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I wondered if I could use your translation in the prefs file. That sounded good. It didn't work though.

Here is the debug file, the advanced.prefs file, and the error file.

I can't find the actual translation in the log file either.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru View Post
I wondered if I could use your translation in the prefs file. That sounded good. It didn't work though.

Here is the debug file, the advanced.prefs file, and the error file.

I can't find the actual translation in the log file either.

Thanks for the help.
Bah, it looks like that code is broken right now. Sit tight for now and I'll get you set up when I get home on Tuesday.
Closed Thread