SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Damn. Any chance of having it ready for Christmas?

Mick.
It might actually be working now, I just haven't had the time to test it out (its a real pain to verify )

How about this, i'll give it a quick once over, enable it in the next release and then people who want to use it can help me debug it by using it and reporting issues?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
It might actually be working now, I just haven't had the time to test it out (its a real pain to verify )

How about this, i'll give it a quick once over, enable it in the next release and then people who want to use it can help me debug it by using it and reporting issues?

Yes it a great idea and you can count me in to help debug it and report any issue found!

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Good news for HB HDTV encoding :)

A HandBrake dev did a little digging into our HDTV issue and seems to have isolated the cause. I'll keep an eye out for the fix (he said it'd take a bit) and try and get working build asap.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

That would be great. My last compression using mencoder took 6 hours to encode a 1 hour show. HB seems to be taking about 40 minutes for the same show.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Woot. That would be great.

Thanks E.P.

Mick.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Talking SageMC Video Tools v3.0f

Change list-
  • Note: I added some features to SageMC_169_ep.xml as well so you'll need to start off with my new one as your base.
  • Feature: Enabled DVD burning
  • Feature: Added Commercial Cutting for compressed videos
  • Feature: ReAdded way more awesome autocrop thanks to comskip
  • Feature: Added AutoEncode profile which basically inspects the video sets the encoding options based off of that (more on this below)
  • Feature: Added "Wait for Comskip" and "Wait for Archived" to Auto-Compress favorites options (thanks JREkiwi!)
  • Feature: MKV now works for mencoder
  • Feature: AAC 5.1 audio now works for Mencoder
  • Profile Enhancement: Added ability to set CLI switches from within profiles (this is how the AutoEncode profile works)
  • Profile Enhancement: Added ability to inspect the video properties of temporary videos in the encoding process and make encoding decisions based off of this (this is how AAC 5.1 profile works)
  • Bugfix: If you try and pass Handbrake a video it can't handle it will automatically be passed to mencoder
  • Known Issue – Handbrake still can't handle HDTV-PS videos, but they've isolated the problem and will patch it when they get a chance.
  • Known Issue – Commercial cutting only when compressing to .avi
  • Known Issue – I forgot about commercial cutting in video DVD's

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-09-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

AutoEncode.profile

Code:
# Profile: AutoEncode
#
# Automagically encode content
#

Encode CLI #1     =/twoPass<&>/mp3<&>/x264<&>/autoCrop
    Encoder #1        =setOptions
    Encode CLI #3     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~x1080<:>/deinterlace<&><?
    Encoder #3        =setOptions
    Encode CLI #2     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/deinterlace<&>/deNoise<&><?
    Encoder #2        =setOptions
    Encode CLI #4     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/verticalScale<&>688<&><?
    Encoder #4        =setOptions
    Encode CLI #5     =?>(>(>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<)||!ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg||ORIGINAL:audioCodec=~ac3<)&&!isDVD<:>Mencoder<=>HandBrake<?
    Encoder #5        =insertFunction
    Output Mode       =
Here's an example of the awesome kind of things you can do with profile files. As you can see above, the profile checks the video properties and sets the options the same way I would do it by hand. If you don't like these defaults, all you have to do is open this file and modify it
Code:
#
#

Encode CLI #1     =/onePass<&>/aac<&>/x264<&>/autoCrop<&>/mkv
    Encode CLI #3     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~x1080<:>/deinterlace<&><?
    Encode CLI #2     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&!ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<:>/deinterlace<&>/deNoise<&><?
    Encode CLI #4     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080)<:>/verticalScale<&>720<&><?
    Encode CLI #5     =?>(>(>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080|x720)<)||!ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg||ORIGINAL:audioCodec=~ac3<)&&!isDVD<:>Mencoder<=>HandBrake<?
    Output Mode       =
Old 12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

I see the new setting for "Wait for comskip file." Is this waiting for a .txt file or just one created by comskip (maybe the edl file)?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I see the new setting for "Wait for comskip file." Is this waiting for a .txt file or just one created by comskip (maybe the edl file)?
It waits for a txt or edl file which would indicate that your commercial detection method is finished.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

I also don't see the setting to turn on/off commercial removal. Is this tied to the same setting?

By the way, the folder that holds the work files now has several spreadsheets (I'm using autoencode) is it related to the autocrop?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

This was asked on MissingRemote so I thought i'd answer it here.

Quote:
Is there any chance of getting this ported to the standard Sage STV?
The main reason I haven't ported anything over to the Standard Sage STV yet is that I simply don't use it so its (selfishly) a very low priority for me.

Aside from that, there are technical hurdles in adding it to the Standard STV as it currently relies heavily on hooks in the base SageMC that Dirk was generous enough to provide to me.

The only other option (which I greatly prefer) is for Sage to generic up their compression system a ton so that it would be able to call alternate encoding apps such as this.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I also don't see the setting to turn on/off commercial removal. Is this tied to the same setting?
Commercial cutting can now be set in the advanced compression options menu.

Quote:
By the way, the folder that holds the work files now has several spreadsheets (I'm using autoencode) is it related to the autocrop?
Yep, my new method for detecting crop is to create ten evenly spaced 10 second clips of the video (or if -ss is failing due to a broken, mpg one 10 min clip), running comskip on each of those clips, and finally parsing the detailed .csv files to pull out insanely accurate crop settings.

The reason this works much better than mplayer's -cropDetect or HandBrake's built in autoCrop is that comskip was written to handle noisy mpg's and is able to account for the network logo which may be partly/entirely in the areas that need to be cut.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-09-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

Am I to assume that Autoencode defaults to removing commercials?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, I'll never turn on commercial cutting by default as my comskip files are still only accurate ~90% of the time. I prefer to encode them, check the comskip file, and if its good enough use the mencoderCommCut profile to remove the commercials from the .avi. If the commercials are really messed up, but I still want to cut them, i'll go in and fix the edl file by hand.

However, there's nothing stopping you from creating a custom AutoEncode profile that has it set by default

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-09-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Sage Icon

How do I get the auto encode to use the x264 TV profile and only one pass?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Change list-
  • [B]
  • Note: I added some features to SageMC_169_ep.xml as well so you'll need to start off with my new one as your base.
Terrific news! I have some blank DVDs ready here :-)
(I'll try with a RW first though...)

Any chances your changes could make it to the next official SageMC?

Erik.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

@ toricred

Just change the first line of AutoEncode.profile to read...

Code:
#
#

Encode CLI #1     =/onePass<&>/mp3<&>/x264<&>/autoCrop<&>/TV
    Encode CLI #4     =?>ORIGINAL:videoContainer=~mpeg&&ORIGINAL:videoResolution=~(x1080)<:>/verticalScale<&>720<&><?
    Output Mode       =
More info @ http://perl2dvd.wiki.sourceforge.net/Profile+Files
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nope, I'll never turn on commercial cutting by default as my comskip files are still only accurate ~90% of the time. I prefer to encode them, check the comskip file, and if its good enough use the mencoderCommCut profile to remove the commercials from the .avi. If the commercials are really messed up, but I still want to cut them, i'll go in and fix the edl file by hand.

However, there's nothing stopping you from creating a custom AutoEncode profile that has it set by default
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, and I never cared till now, but how does one check the comskip file? (or even know if it's being made?)

Thanks,
Mike

Downloading the plugin as we speak...
Old 12-09-2007, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, and I never cared till now, but how does one check the comskip file? (or even know if it's being made?)

Thanks,
Mike

Downloading the plugin as we speak...
By that I mean just load it up in Sage and see how it looks. Even without watching the show you can pretty much tell when comskip was successful, and when it had a few problems.

For instance, every once and a while one commercial from a commercial break will be flagged as part of the show and you can see that as a commercial block with a little hole in it. Another common one is the opening of a show being too short and as such lumped in with the first commercial break.

All and all, for a 30 minute show, cutting commercials only save ~100 mb when compressing at 1500 kbs. And for my money that's not worth risking ruining a recording by a bad auto-cut.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

I downloaded SageMC_VideoTools_v3_0f.exe and extracted it to SageTV folder then went to Load STV (not Import STVi) SageMC_169_ep.xml.

After loading it, I went to SageMC Extra and it's blank. There no setup menu for video tool in it.

Any idea what I may have missed?

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Closed Thread