SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I've never used an MVP before so i'm not 100% sure what the problem could be. First thing i'd try is to upgrade to the latest version of Sage (6.3).
Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am running the latest SageMC, 6.3.5. I'll take a look at some of the MVP properties and see if I can find anything.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Change list-
  • Bugfix - Fixed issue where qdvd file wasn't being deleted when making a DVD. This was causing Dirmon2 to keep processing the same job over and over
This change is just to perl2dvd.exe you can just download the updated file from here .
That fixed the processing loop... now when I go into the status menu and select Burn DVD, I get an error message of: "Burn Failed!D:\SageTV\PartialBurnFileName..."

Also, the code for the .stvi is slightly messed up in the status menu... the selection bar is being displayed over the text and icon in the status list rather than behind them.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
That fixed the processing loop... now when I go into the status menu and select Burn DVD, I get an error message of: "Burn Failed!D:\SageTV\PartialBurnFileName..."

Also, the code for the .stvi is slightly messed up in the status menu... the selection bar is being displayed over the text and icon in the status list rather than behind them.
What kind of discs are you using?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the work EP! I've got one issue though with the multi-video DVD. I add 5 x 30min videos and the multi-dvd list says 2h:30m of selected videos. I then tell it process it but it only processes 3 videos. I check the log while its processing and it says there is only 3 videos to process. I've tried this on 2 different sets of videos with the same result.

It sucessesfully creates an img file, but only for 3 of the 5 videos. I haven't tried burning it, i will later tonight.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What kind of discs are you using?
Just generic DVD-R discs that I always use.

The error pops up immediately after selecting "OK" on the "Starting DVD Burn" popup. Its not like its a failure in the middle of burning, it never even starts the process.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out, the DVD Burner setting wasn't pointing to the proper drive letter, set that and it now seems to be working, I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by grooves12; 12-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

THere should be a burn.log in the SageTV directory that shows what happened. Can you post that?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
Thanks for the work EP! I've got one issue though with the multi-video DVD. I add 5 x 30min videos and the multi-dvd list says 2h:30m of selected videos. I then tell it process it but it only processes 3 videos. I check the log while its processing and it says there is only 3 videos to process. I've tried this on 2 different sets of videos with the same result.

It sucessesfully creates an img file, but only for 3 of the 5 videos. I haven't tried burning it, i will later tonight.
Can you post the qdvd.log file?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, burned the DVD and it worked great... Quality is much better than any previous version of the plugin. No lip-sync issues like I had in the past.

Now just a couple of issues with the burn:

- The DVD menus are blank, there is no Program Title or episode descritptions.
- There are no Title/Chapter breaks. I burned a 3-hr program and only being able to fast forward is a pain. Is there a way to insert chapter breaks at a specified interval? 5/10/15mins??

Other than that so far so good...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, burned the DVD and it worked great... Quality is much better than any previous version of the plugin. No lip-sync issues like I had in the past.

Now just a couple of issues with the burn:

- The DVD menus are blank, there is no Program Title or episode descritptions.
- There are no Title/Chapter breaks. I burned a 3-hr program and only being able to fast forward is a pain. Is there a way to insert chapter breaks at a specified interval? 5/10/15mins??

Other than that so far so good...
Both of those things worked on the test DVD I burned over the weekend, although it was only 30 minutes. Was this one 3 hour show or multiple shorter shows?

Btw, aside from providing no status updates, how did you like the new native DVD buring?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you post the qdvd.log file?
Here is log file I took as its still processing the job, but you can see its says there is only 3 videos to process yet there are five in the .qdvd queue file.

Also, I tried burning and I get the error message that burning failed right after I select the image to burn. I checked the burn log file and its blank, the time/date stamp is correct from when I tried to burn it though. (I checked to make sure I have the correct drive setup up)

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 12-22-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the log file, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Both of those things worked on the test DVD I burned over the weekend, although it was only 30 minutes. Was this one 3 hour show or multiple shorter shows?

Btw, aside from providing no status updates, how did you like the new native DVD buring?
That was for the 3hr show... I'll try some other ones and see how they work out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I like the new method of burning very much... nicely integrated, clean, simple, and works well.

That was another one I forgot: status updates. It would be nice if while you are burning a DVD it would show it as being in progress.

Other than those few minor issues, great job. The core functionality seems to be working very well, most of the issues are cosmetic. For me, having chapters would be the biggest need.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cannot create DVD image file

I've been trying to get this working since you released version f. For some reason, everything functions properly until it tries to create the DVD image. It fails with a message that the image file was too small. I'm simply trying to send one 1 hour show directly to a DVD (no compression). Any ideas what might be wrong?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That was for the 3hr show... I'll try some other ones and see how they work out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I like the new method of burning very much... nicely integrated, clean, simple, and works well.

That was another one I forgot: status updates. It would be nice if while you are burning a DVD it would show it as being in progress.

Other than those few minor issues, great job. The core functionality seems to be working very well, most of the issues are cosmetic. For me, having chapters would be the biggest need.
The chapters are a big one for me too, I'll take a look at that this weekend. Also, i'll check out the feasability of throwing up a global status icon next to the time and date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt733 View Post
I've been trying to get this working since you released version f. For some reason, everything functions properly until it tries to create the DVD image. It fails with a message that the image file was too small. I'm simply trying to send one 1 hour show directly to a DVD (no compression). Any ideas what might be wrong?
When the DVD fails there should be a .zip file created in the qdvd folder that contains all of the relevant logs. Could you please post that?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage User

slightly off topic, but I am seriously considering the hd media extender and building a media server for it.

What are the specs of the pc you are using for encoding and, if you don't mind my asking, how long does it take to encode a 2 hour movie and how much space does it take? (trying to plan accordingly! )

thank you!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

My Sage Server is a beast that I built specifically for compressing media into HDextender friendly formats
  • 2 gig RAM
  • Intel C2Q Q6600 (4x2.4ghz)

I don't know encoding times off the top of my head (I have been meaning to run some benchmarks), but I can tell you that default encoding quality is 1500 kbs which results in ~333 mb/30 minutes.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I got the burning working, I guess you need to reboot after installing the resource tool kit, duh. The burn worked great and the background burning and integration is nice.

I checked the disc and I got sound with my picture (was a problem with previous versions because I use R5000's as my sources) Thanks EP!

Two things though, I'm not getting the chapter marks either, would be nice for them to be either in specific intervals or to corespond with my edl file. Also the menu doesn't have program titles or descriptions, I burnt a 3 video DVD and it just has 3 empty boxes where titles should be.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
Ok, I got the burning working, I guess you need to reboot after installing the resource tool kit, duh. The burn worked great and the background burning and integration is nice.

I checked the disc and I got sound with my picture (was a problem with previous versions because I use R5000's as my sources) Thanks EP!

Two things though, I'm not getting the chapter marks either, would be nice for them to be either in specific intervals or to corespond with my edl file. Also the menu doesn't have program titles or descriptions, I burnt a 3 video DVD and it just has 3 empty boxes where titles should be.
Good, i'm glad the R5000 recordings are working properly. Thanks for all the feedback, i'll get the rest of that stuff straightned out over the weekend.

Known Issues:
- Multiple videos on the same DVD doesn't work right
- Chapters aren't working properly
- Menus not showing show/episode/description

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-13-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

so i spent the last couple of days trying to get the commercial cutting working, but still having issues. at first my comskip for whatever reason wasnt outputting the *.edl files (only did *.txt) and it would not cut anything, just convert the video to xvid and that was it.

so finally today i figured out how to turn on the *.edl files on.

btw even the comskip.ini file that comes bundled in the perl2DVD folder is set not to output *.edl files.
u should change this value inside the file to make sure it does "output_edl=0" and set to "1" , thats what i finally figured out today, u might already know that tho.

and finally got it working and managed to get one file with the commercials cut out

so i deleted all my old comskip *.txt files and ran comskip again and now i have *.edl files too, but for some reason im having issues now with the converting not starting when i send the files to be compressed. it just sits there, saying job queued or whatever and the files are in the qdvd folder but it never starts converting it.

and when does autocompress kick in? only when the file gets recorded??? cuz i turn it on on a few files and it will not start at all. sometime it will kick in after i reboot a few times for whatever reason...

any idea why it wont start to convert right away...
Closed Thread