SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 AM

Exclamation Installation Hangup: Add Source never shows preview

I'm just setting up SageTV with a TwinhanDTV 3250. The installation wizard recognizes the card and displays the inputs. When I select the TV Tuner (using basic analog cable) the view preview never displays. I've waited almost an hour before giving up.

The tuner card works with its native software and displays all the channels I receive.

Is the installer doing a channel discovery? What takes so long?

Thoughts/guesses appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgraber View Post
When I select the TV Tuner (using basic analog cable) the view preview never displays.
I had this happen to me with the linux version when I first installed it. The cause turned out to be that the default recording directory of /var/media/tv did not exist (that was my doing, I wanted to force the recordings into my home directory). Once I softlinked my $home/media/tv to /var/media/tv, the preview worked. In a Windows world, just check to see if the default recording directory exists, and if not, create it.

Eric
Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Expert

The preview at 'select TV Tuner' won't always display video because the device may have been left in an odd initialized state.

The preview is not necessary to continue to configure SageTV.
If the bottom button changes from "No Device Input Selected" to "Device Input to Use: <tuner type>", then select the button and continue.

If this doesn't solve your issue you may need to reinstall your driver software or contact SageTV support.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same issue on both of my Avermedia 780s. I just ignored this and kept on with the process and it works fine. I can see that they are working when I go in to adjust my channel lineup (click view and verify then that the channels are working).