SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage User

Boxed in HD content.

I recently picked up a Pinnical HD card for an addition to my HTPC.
I have my 4x3 screen, and 4x3 content from the digital channels (the only reason i'm using the PCTV HD, as I have a PVR-160 also) is broadcast with pillar bars on the sides. When played in Sage, Sage sees the 16x9 (4x3 with pillar bars) and letterboxes it, effectively creating a frame around the actual video.

I know I can get rid of this frame by setting the aspect ratio to zoom something like 1.33x1.33, but is there any way to do this just for the shows recorded on the digital tuner, and not in HD?

I wouldnt mind if there was some keystroke or remote button press I had to hit to activate the zoom, if that is what is required.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Are you adjusting the aspect ratio settings each time you need to zoom in, or are you switching to a second aspect ratio. What you can do is set an alternate aspect ratio, such as 16x9, with the 133x133 zoom. Then, when you have one of those postage-stamped shows, you can bring up the options menu during playback and changing to the the 16x9 ratio.

And you can automate this with nielm's auto-aspect ratio switcher, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14146 . I think you can also assign a remote button to toggle through the different aspect ratios.

edit: Yes, there is a SageTV command "aspect ratio toggle" that can be assigned to an unused button on your remote to toggle through the 4 different aspect ratios.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-22-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage User

I actually was reading through some older posts and found that same auto aspect switcher, and set the aspect rations just as you said. Coming back I noticed your post, and Yes, that definately works.