SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage User

Sage recording show based and not channel based?

I have my favorites record 2 minutes before and after each show to make sure that all of each show gets recorded. Well I have 3 tuners and 4 shows to be recorded on 3 different channels today. All 4 shows just happen to overlap timewise because of the extra 2 minutes so SageTV says there is a conflict even though you only need 3 tuners to tune to 3 different channels. Is there some to configure SageTV to see there really is no conflict?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have the "Disable padding on back to back favorites" option set? If so, Sage will not remove padding, even if the two favorites are on the same channel. In this case, if you had 3 favorites on 3 channels at 7:00 with one followed at 8:00 (assuming 1 hour shows) the 7:00 and 8:00 shows on the same channel would throw a conflict because they can't both be recorded with padding.

That's my best guess, if that's not it, maybe post the channels and times of all the shows.

As for the title, yes Sage records based on show, not channel/time.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

If you haven't found it yet, the option Stanger is talking about is Setup > Detailed Setup > Customize > Remove padding on back to back Favorites. Turn on this option to allow the same tuner to be used for back-to-back shows. Turn it off to keep the padding on both shows (which will require a separate tuner).
Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Thank you so much!

Well I wish SageTV was smart enough to record more than 1 stream from the same tuner but at least this will let me have fewer conflicts. Thanks again!!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclavieor View Post
Well I wish SageTV was smart enough to record more than 1 stream from the same tuner but at least this will let me have fewer conflicts. Thanks again!!
That's a really interesting idea - it's actually recording the padding for both shows since they are on the same channel, so technically could you include the padding in both resulting mpeg files.

But I think the way Sage works right now implementing this would probably require some sort of post-processing of the mpeg files.

Have you sent this in as a suggestion for a future enhancement to the support email? It couldn't hurt.

--John