SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Please help the newbie - Sage/Satellite/PVR-250

I feel like a real dope. I have all the pieces but for some reason I can't figure out how to get them to work.

Abit motherboard with spdif (optical audio out)
Hauppage pvr 250
Sony satellite box

Using the Haupage software I can get a picture with svideo from sat box to the pvr 250. With Sage I get nothing.

I get no picture with Sage or Hauppage software when using standard cable from sat box to pvr 250.

So, here's the question. How do I hook these components together to get the best video AND sound. If I use the s-video from the sat box to the pvr then I have to use the rca out from the sat box as well. Won't there be an audio delay ? Is there a way to use the spdif from the mobo and if so how do I get the audio to the computer.

I really appreciate any help.

Succorso
Old 01-09-2004, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

You'll want to run the S-Vid and analog audio (RCAs) from the Sat box directly into the 250. That will give you the best PQ you can get, and there won't be an audio delay.

For setting up Sage, go through the Channel Setup Wizard, adding your source (location/provider etc) and when it asks you where on the card it's plugged in, tell it S-Video and you should be good to go.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:14 AM

You can't use Components there not ever a capture with this type input that I know of but you can how ever use S-Video/Composite.
Note any time you cox cable you must setup the tuner on channel 3 or 4 depend on how the SAT Box was setup.
As stanger89 said you need hook up the analog audio (RCAs) from the Sat box directly into the 250 audio line-input so what need this below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audio_cable.jpg (17.2 KB, 257 views)