SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

A few Sage Questions

I have a few bugs/work arounds to figure out yet in my set-up. First, I'm using usb-uirt and I need to figure out what sagetv does when it shuts down. More specifically, is there a file that give an exit command to sagetv when power off is selected? If so I need to be able to modify this (no I don't want to do it through girder).

Also, with regards to recording and SageTV's cleanup, it doesn't seem to delete when full. for example, My drive is 50GB (I know, small) and I record SNL at 1am. The next morning at 9am turn on the telly and Sage has it's message regarding drive full, and livetv has stopped. Now it hsa recorded SNL from 1-2am, and all other programs from 2-8am. filling the drive. I thought it was supposed to cleanup after itself? I know I can set a "leave xGB free" under detailed setup, but I want it to use all the drive. However I have to manually delete files (either under Sage Recordings or on the drive itself). Is there a way to make it do its own cleanup? I do have the flag set to delete partials on exit (this also doesn't work).

Finally, under Setup, System Information, Sage shows crazy numbers for the amount of available drive space, used driver space etc. As an example, the drive is 50GB in size formatted in 64K clusters, Sage says the Available Disk space is 135GB, Used Disk space is 69GB - obviously this is also wrong.

Can someone offer some help?

thx

davey
Old 01-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Also, with regards to recording and SageTV's cleanup, it doesn't seem to delete when full. for example, My drive is 50GB (I know, small) and I record SNL at 1am. The next morning at 9am turn on the telly and Sage has it's message regarding drive full, and livetv has stopped. Now it hsa recorded SNL from 1-2am, and all other programs from 2-8am. filling the drive. I thought it was supposed to cleanup after itself? I know I can set a "leave xGB free" under detailed setup, but I want it to use all the drive. However I have to manually delete files (either under Sage Recordings or on the drive itself). Is there a way to make it do its own cleanup? I do have the flag set to delete partials on exit (this also doesn't work).
Sounds like you have left LiveTV on. Make sure you put Sage to sleep, otherwise Sage will just continue to record.
Do you have IR(Intelligent Recording) on?
Otherwise, there is only the ways you describe of deleting files, that I know of.
Sorry, I don't know yet on how to resolve your other problems.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
A lot of people have said that their systems run better when they tell sage to always leave a little room free on the drive. I know with a smaller drive you aren't going to want to make it too big but you might try telling sage to always leave at least a gig or two free.

Oh, and what theMixxMaster said about LiveTv. That seems to get a lot of people, especially those used to TiVo/Replay systems which only "buffer" live tv.

t
Old 01-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

thanks to both of you. How about the Power Shutdown issue? anyone know if the shutdown line in the IR is used when using the usb-uirt?