SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Sage Expert

Dish or Cable for multiple tuners

Whitch is the easier one to go with. I would like to use the digital channels so that would mean using multiple dish recievers or multiple Digital cable recievers.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Well, I'm not sure about many of the specific issues with each but one nice thing with the digital cable solutions is that for each card you run the cable both straight into the card via the tuner and through the digital cable box via the svideo in. Then you assign all of the analog channels to the tuner and all of the digital channels to the svideo. That way when you are watching analog channels, you don't have to worry about it messing up the channel change and it doesn't take as long to change channels. I've been a long time TiVo user and we had so many problems getting it to reliably change channels on our digital cable box that we finally just gave up our digital cable subscription, got rid of the box, and went with analog only. However, from what I've read the hardware you can get to blast the channel changes from Sage sounds a lot more reliable than the one that came with my TiVo.

t
Old 01-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Oh, and if you find that you watch more analog tv than digital, with cable you can always run a card or two with no digital channels on them.

t