SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 AM
Sage Expert

mapped drive not see

i have mapped on my sage server an netdrive as "O:\" (\\192.168.1.1\USB\SageTV_Musik\). all programs can use this drive, but under sage (new beta) i can't see this drive. this drive is an external usb harddisc on a fritz!box 7170 and my mp3 are on this hd.

whats wrong?

Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Are you using service mode? If so: services can't use mapped drives, so you should try using UNC paths instead & make sure the service is configured to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access that path.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Sage Expert

yes service mode. ok when i type the unc as "\\192.168.1.1\USB\SageTV_Musik" sage says me "not existent make?" or so. no connection. user/password is not the best, then i must make all my mappings new on all my computers. i will test it.

tnx
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Sage Expert

im the winner

in the prop.-file \\\\192.168.1.1\\usb\\sagetv_musik,2

it works without user and password

tnx all
Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
make sure the service is configured to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access that path.

Andy, please step by step....How do I do that?

I saw the same thing in the comskip thread when trying to run comskip on files on another computer. But, no explaination as to how to do it.

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
But, no explaination as to how to do it.
See p. 15 of the SageTV manual, or run SageTVServiceControl and click About.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Sage Expert

Thank you for your answer...I think I was asking about COMSKIP as a service, not Sage as a service.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong in thinking that comskip has to be the service to access drives on another computer using UNC paths.

Thank you,

Gary Ellis
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

If you have recording or import directories located on a different machine from your Sage server, and you want to use SageTVService, then you must use UNC paths instead of mapped drive letters, and configure SageTVService to log in as a user with permission to access those UNC paths. That's true regardless of whether you use comskip, it's what Andy was talking about, and it's what I assumed you were asking Andy for clarification about. Sorry if I got that last part wrong.

I don't run comskip, as a service or otherwise, but presumably the same considerations apply: if you want to run it as a service, and it needs to access files on other machines, then it will have to use UNC paths to access those files, and will need to be logged in as a user with appropriate permissions for those paths. Setting up a user account is described in the documents I referenced. Configuring a service to log in as a user can be done through Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Double-click the service you want to configure, click the Log On tab, and enter your information.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Double-click the service you want to configure
Thanks, exactly what I am looking for...the comskip part...problem is that when I do what you just said, "comskip.exe" is not listed as a service (so, I can't double-click it)..So, I guess I am asking how to make something a service, so it shows up when I do the process you described...

Thanks for the help...

Gary Ellis
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Again, I'm not a comskip expert, so I can't help you with specific info on how to configure it to run as a service. That sort of question really belongs in the Customizations forum anyway.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
Thanks, exactly what I am looking for...the comskip part...problem is that when I do what you just said, "comskip.exe" is not listed as a service (so, I can't double-click it)..So, I guess I am asking how to make something a service, so it shows up when I do the process you described...

Thanks for the help...

Gary Ellis
Look for the Comskip Monitor plugin. This will set it up so it runs as a service and doesn't require dirmon either.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.