SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrick View Post
Just as important, to me, would be:

STOP RECORDING WHEN FULL (per favorite) - for the same kid shows that are on 40 times a day (on 5 different channels), don't keep recording (and cycling through) the unwatched episodes, if the "Keep At Most" limit has been reached. I have 10 of em already recorded and that's enough, thanks.
Set that favorite to 'keep until I delete' (or whatever the exact wording is) and it will do exactly what you want. I do this for the dozens of kids shows that I limit to about 10 recordings each.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-17-2008, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I have all my playhouse disney and such recorded, and transcoded to MPEG4 Good. Quality doesn't really matter to my toddler, and it lets me keep more than 10 of each, so I don't go insane hearing the exact same episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every day.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another vote for Picture in Picture.
Ideally I'd like the ability to set up a source that is a webcam feed (which I know you can do using SGraphRecorder), and then have that running in a small window somewhere on screen while watching a video.
Mainly for baby monitoring etc. Unless someone has already written a plugin that I have missed
Old 08-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Variable speed playback.. its the ONLY MythTV feature that I miss. speeds like 1.1x - 2.0x speed playback with sound lets you rip thru the boring shows you have to watch like the news

all pinable to the FF and Rev keys on the remote

Dave.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Sage Expert

ability for extender to play internet radio including Sirius Internet Radio.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ability to sort channels by user-created favorites such as "Movie". Basically the user goes through all their channels and puts them in a Favorites folder they create like Movie, Drama, etc... And so on the guide they can choose to view channels of a particular catagory, or ALL of them.

Another feature I would love to see is that Sage AUTOMATICALLY toggles to the aspect ratio that the user views a particular channel in.

For example all my SD channels have to be stretched horizontal 138% to fit the screen, but when I switch to HD channel alot is cropped off and I have to go back to 100%. So basically I can create 2 profiles I use "Source" for SD (stretched 138%) and Fill for HD (100%) but everytime I switch I have to toggle between "Source" and "Fill".

It would be great if Sage REMEMBERS what aspect ratio I use on the channels I view. So Sage basically uses the option that I used when last viewing that channel.

If that is NOT possible then at least a way that the user can preset like in sage properties or something that all these channels use "Source" and all ---(channels) use "Fill"

This will make User Experience MUCH BETTER, and there will be no need to "toggle" (which is annoying by the way, especially for people who are old and not tech savvy)

EVR!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a MUST. I want to see this within 2 MONTHS!

I think ALL of these should be EASY to incorporate (favorites, and aspect ratio thing) except EVR. SO PLEASE HAVE THEM!

Last edited by hellsingfan; 08-31-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage User

I would really like to see a version of SageTV that can run in 'server mode' without the regular front-end. Accessing my SageTV server from Remote Desktop is not fun.

Vista support for SageTV Placeshifter so it doesn't go in and out of video compatibility mode.

Optimize the front-end of SageTV Placeshifter so that it works faster and runs on the client. The GUI shouldn't be redrawn by the server!

Make the software more reliable overall. I get errors CONSTANTLY - it is generally pretty absurd.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by band80 View Post
I would really like to see a version of SageTV that can run in 'server mode' without the regular front-end. Accessing my SageTV server from Remote Desktop is not fun.
Not sure I understand here... SageTV has the best server support. Run it as a service and run a client on another computer or ever use the placeshifter. I never need to RDP.

Quote:
Vista support for SageTV Placeshifter so it doesn't go in and out of video compatibility mode.

Optimize the front-end of SageTV Placeshifter so that it works faster and runs on the client. The GUI shouldn't be redrawn by the server!
Totally agree on this one, I think the way it works is silly. There are plenty of small glitches with the placeshifter.

However, I find it rather fast and I don't think the server draws the GUI.

Quote:
Make the software more reliable overall. I get errors CONSTANTLY - it is generally pretty absurd.
That's a cheap one, did you contact the support with the errors? do you have logs?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I wish SageTV has GUI interface for setting SageTV transcoder. Because right now it's a pain in a neck to edit properties files to set codec, resolutions, crop and etc., not saying that you have to quit SageTV before any editing of properties files.
Intel® Celeron® Quad-Core Processor J1900 @ 1.99 GHz; AsRock Q1900M (Intel(R) Chipset (2013-08-01) Ver.9.4.4.1006 Lithography 22 nm; Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as ValleyView2); RAM 2x4Gb Kingston 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3; SSD 128GB & HDD 2TB; SageTV HD200 (Firmware v.20100909 0); Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCI-E; Hauppauge HD PVR-1212; USB-UIRT; Win7Ultimate SP1; FireFox v.41.0.2; SageTV v.9.0.4.224 (STV v.2015101301); VLC v2.2.1; JRE v.1.8.00_73
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage User

I'd like to specify music that will play whenever I'm in sage menus or viewing the EPG (I don't play video on menus)

Peter
Old 09-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Home Audio

I would like to listen to my music with some sort of headless system.

I realize this would probably take some sort of jam box or shelf system that interfaces with he SageTV back end--just seems like there is not a good solution at the moment for this type of functionality.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage Expert

From what I have learned from this forums this seems to be the ideal setup in my opinion (have not tried it myself YET):
sage server in the closet with the webserver plugin installed
hd extender hooked up to your receiver
iphone or psp or other wireless client accessint the webserver plugin to play stuff on extender
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmodify View Post
I would like to listen to my music with some sort of headless system.

I realize this would probably take some sort of jam box or shelf system that interfaces with he SageTV back end--just seems like there is not a good solution at the moment for this type of functionality.
Not sure I see the advantage of having a headless music player that interfaces with sage, over any other headless music server out there. Sage really brings nothing to the media library, so any off-the-shelf media clients should be able to access the same shared media files.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Sage User

Sirius online support... for extenders
netflix online support... for extenders
Old 09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyonic View Post
Sirius online support... for extenders
netflix online support... for extenders
Actually I'd love to see more extender support for alot of the custom apps with less fuss and muss to get setup.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Expert

From most important to least, #1 is by far the most irritating for me.

1) Full support for mkv's on the HD-100. By that I mean subtitles, and the ability to switch audio tracks.
2) Pandora radio on the HD-100!
3) Better media (music/videos) library system. Categories, tagging etc.
4) PiP.... again on the Hd-100, don't know if this one is even possible, but it would be cool.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stuff I would really like to see be PART of Sage (if there is a plug-in avail, then it should be easier to incorporate into Sage itself in another ver)

#1 - TRUE FF/RW.. As was said before, this is a BASIC function of any DVR
#2 - more or less an extention of #1, ability to playback at slower or faster than 1=1 with audio
#3 - PiP.. This should be possible with SD sources
#4 - MultiUser Support - Different Guides/Flages/Recordings (If multiple users record the same "event" then the longest life flag should be enforced, ie all users set to watched, "event" get deleted after the every user watches the "event") w/ a BABYSITTER/PARTY/GUEST MODE - not able to set recordings and does not affect watched flags!!!!!
#5 - Use webcam as a tuner
#6 - Ability to tell sage that multiple tuners access the same STB, creating a single usable tuner inside Sage- ie use anaolge capture device for SD and HDPVR and or FireWire for HD
#7 - Ability to set a tuner as "live" only, ie not to used for "scheduled" events and uses a cycle buffer based on a determined setting for length of buffer
#8 - Tuner unavail events.... Just display a simple popup msg stating tuner is not avail OR ability to capture use of a tuner, stopping current recording (setting option)
#9 - RADIO!!! via capture device or internet streaming
#10 - Use of SageMC as the default STV (I would really like to see a percentage of how many users are actually using this over the default STV, as it seems high)
#11 - Native FireWire support for changing Channels via Panel Device and Tuner via Tuner Device
#12 - ON DEMAND!!! This is doable with firewire
#13 - Color/Display Calibration w videos for display setup
#14 - Sound Calibration setup w sound verification - ie, 2, 2.1, 4, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 (also useful for
#15 - The pipedream, integrated BluRay and HD-DVD support - I know it will never happen, but this is a wishlist, isnt it?
#16 - pipedream #2, hd extenders w builtin or usb DVD/BD drives, more realistic get a DVD/BD STB maker to add HD extender functionally (maybe modified version of the MCE extenders w DVD drives)

And of course, All the above accessable via the entender!!
Probably the most important if Sage wants to become more mainstream, Fully configurable via the UI, ie Install Sage, Open Sage, Configure Sage... There should not be a reason to manually modify any config files!!!!!!!

Last edited by loomdog32; 09-06-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
There should not be a reason to manually modify any config files!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Split recorded file on specified interval

I love recording long shows (football games, Olympics etc) with my HD-PVR. But the only way I can burn these to DVD without further editing is to limit each program to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Comes out to 4.5gb on disk.

This means I can never use the program guide - have to set up several manual recordings, each 1:15 in length.

Would like to be able to record "USC - Ohio St" and tell Sage to automatically create a new file every 1:15 .

Also, still looking for a solution (any solution!) to transcoding the 1080i .ts files the HD-PVR produces to 720x480 .mpg I could watch on my Archos 605. Is anyone doing this successfully?
Clients: (3x) SageTV HD-200, (1x) SageTV HD-300, SageTV Client on several PC's, SageTV Android on FireSticks and Nvidia Shield Pro/SIZE]
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackham View Post
Variable speed playback.. its the ONLY MythTV feature that I miss. speeds like 1.1x - 2.0x speed playback with sound lets you rip thru the boring shows you have to watch like the news

all pinable to the FF and Rev keys on the remote

Dave.
YES! This feature (with pitch shifted audio) was available back on the ATI All in Wonder 8500 I believe; I thought it was so cool and never understood why it wasn't available in more products.

Also, would like the ability to select which filters/codecs are used for which filetype, ala Smartplay in Zoomplayer. This would make troubleshooting a lot easier.

Last edited by Chriscic; 09-09-2008 at 11:45 AM.