SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a few simple requests, most have been already covered:

1) Netflix Watch it Now integration
2) Independent lineups per encoder, cloning of lineups still available for simplicity.
3) The white elephant, HDDVD/Blueray integration
4) A non-linear strech mode for 4x3 material. My CRT RP TV does not like pillar bars much. I don't like strechovision, but a non linear stretch mode akin to Toshiba's Theaterwide 1 mode would be nice (Stretch the periphery, not the center of the screen.

Well that is about it, Sage MC fixes all the rest.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I too support Netflix anything + sagetv
Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

How about SageTV as a UPNP client?

While we are wishing, I would also like trouble free HDDVD/BD playback from disc.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM

Sage 7.0 Wish List

• Closed Caption Support
  • Ability to watch ABC, NBC, etc online episodes thru online content
  • Ability to specify HD or SD only for recordings
  • Ability to select multiple channels for recordings, not just one OR all
  • Build in DVD burning
Old 02-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
* Ability to watch ABC, NBC, etc online episodes thru online content
* Ability to specify HD or SD only for recordings
These really would be nice. +1.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ditto

1) HDDVD/Blueray integration (Both from a player and from HDD)
2) A non-linear strech mode for 4x3 material. (IE: Toshiba's Theaterwide 1 mode)

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

For those of you who have been asking for Netflix "Watch-Now" functionality, you can now do this within SageMC (not the standard stv yet) using the Netflix Plugin.
I tried it out last night and it's working very well.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Some Software Rules

I just installed a WinTV 1800 and I am having a heck of time resolving the channel re-assigns between the Analog Tuner and QAM Tuner.

I would like to see a set of rules enforced and have some features added that:

A) Prevent a Digital Channel from ever being assigned to an Analog Channel. For example if the Digital Tuner finds a channel and wants to assign it to channel 3 then the software should prevent it from doing that and force it to 3-1. A digital tuner should never be allowed to assign any frequecy to a channel in the range 1-125.

B) If you install 2 sources and you have confilcts between analog and digital then you should be able to call up a conflict resolution tool that lets you resolve channel conflicts and force an analog channel to be used when in the program guide.

C) I would like to see virtual channel organizer that has two windows.
One window with the valid frequnecies that QAM tunner found and a second window with Program Guide Channels (The ones my QAM tuner did not assign any frequencies to). Then you simply point and click between the two windows. Once everthing is assigned then you should be able to save all this in an excel spread sheet. You should be able to load this spread sheet and overide all existing assignments.

D) When I delete a source I expect all the channels and assignments to be deleted. This does not happen and it looks like I have to uninstall the software to start over again. Very painful.

Kind Regards,
Tony
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPCGUY View Post
D) When I delete a source I expect all the channels and assignments to be deleted. This does not happen and it looks like I have to uninstall the software to start over again. Very painful.
Since you are a new user, it might help to ask questions in the appropriate forum section instead of just say it doesn't do something... Unused channels/lineups should be removed during the next EPG update.

Also, I only skimmed your other comments, so I'm not sure if this is relevant, but if multiple lineups have the same network on different channel numbers, that channel will be shown only once in the Program Guide but oth are actually available for use by SageTV when a show is recorded -- the PDF manual mentions this on the section in Chapter 3 for the Program Guide.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Adding another vote EVR support and whatever else it takes to get reliable HD playback.

If you want to claim that Sage is Vista-compatible I really don't think there's any excuse for not supporting EVR. VMR is too problematic, plus ATI and NVidia are focusing their drivers/acceleration on EVR going forward.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

After a nuke and pave (I did keep the Wiz.bin but wanted to rebuild the properties file) I am reminded how PAINFULL the channel lineup configuration is. It would be nice if there was a way to export and import lineups.
I know it is not something you have to deal with every day (only when dish, or whomever your content provider may be, decides to change things.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
How about include a full suite of channel logos and a way for sage to download them automatically from Lyngsat Logo site? I am tired of hunting new ones down
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I don't know if this is already implemented in the latest version (haven't seen it) but if you have 2 sageTV servers can your MVP be prompted for which server to use?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia View Post
I don't know if this is already implemented in the latest version (haven't seen it) but if you have 2 sageTV servers can your MVP be prompted for which server to use?
AFAIK, the HD extenders can choose between multiple servers, but haven't heard anything about the MVPs.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

When you turn on the extender you are presented with the various Sage Servers to connect to.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
When you turn on the extender you are presented with the various Sage Servers to connect to.
Are you talking about the HD extender or the original extender (Hauppauge MVP extender)?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
I haven't read the thread entirely, but this seems reasonable if it hasn't been mentioned before. I would like the see the ability to treat the online services/podcast player separate from the media player, as far as settings goes. It will probably be better if I give an example.

Lets say that you have set the always_use_dshow_player to true in properties. Then you try to play a youtube clip. Due to the fact that there isn't a flv splitter out that can properly handle a streamed file (at least to my knowledge) the player will only play what it can initially buffer. The same can go with podcasts depending on the file format, and what splitters you have installed on your system. There's a similar thread on this from a few weeks go here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2988
Old 02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred View Post
Throwing my 3 on the pile...

1. Distributed Audio Video Mode. - From the server you should be able to put all the clients in "slave mode". The clients could put up a message stating something like "A request has been made to put this client in slave mode. Allow? Y/N?

Once in slave mode the clients would playback an AV stream in sync with each other off the server. This would make Sage the ultimate replacement for pricey distributed audio systems and even pricier video distribution systems.

2. Support for playback of BD / HD-DVD & CD Audio discs... along with that add request "2b" an HD extender with a built in optical drive.

3. A newer streamlined UI.
For 1., you could do this with VideoLAN. It has multicast, sync and slave mode support. I don't see the need for all the complex technology to be added to SageTV. What kind of scenario are you thinking?

3. definitly... I'd be curious to know the ratio of users who are already using SageMC instead of the default blue one.

Erik.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

this is from another wishlist thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=165

still would love to see it happen:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe
Another thing I'd like out of SageTV is an improved ability to flip back and forth between tuners when watching live TV. My buddy's DirectTV TiVo did this and it was a great feature.
I agree. If i am watching some movie on some channel that i just wound up at, then i get to a commercial and surf away how am i supposed to remember the channel name or movie name even to get back to it.

being able to switch tuners on the fly would allow me to just switch tuners change channel then 10 minutes later when i remember i was watching something else i could easily just switch tuners back, without even knowing the channel name or show.

fwiw i used to use meedio and it had this feature. you could even pause one tuner switch to the other tuner, watch something , then come back un pause and skip past the commercial or just resume.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
These really would be nice. +1.

Jesse
This probably cannot happen. Those shows require proprietary players and the networks would never open up access to them. If Sage somehow got it to work they'd probably get in trouble for it.