SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:02 PM

How do I get IMDb info and cover art & how do I use network share drive

I am attempting to try this software out but it is not as straight forward as I would like it to be. What I would like to try to use is loading all my media (videos, music, ...). First Sage does not seem to want to let me point toward a network shared drive or any drive not directly on this PC. Is there some way to do this?
Another thing I would like to do (and this is my highest requirement) is to auto magically load all the information from INDb for the media in my folders.
I am not really interested in time shifting or really using this program to control my TV as I can not understand why people think this is so great. It is so limiting not being able to record or capture my cable TV stations higher then channel 70 with a tuner card. I have had AIW products for some time and I just use my HDVR from my cable company to record and if I want to keep the program for any lenght of time or make it available on my network I just use the copy to VCR function and record it on my PC.
Another comment I have just trying this software out is the UI is not very user friendly, this seems like a techie product.
Anyway can anyone help me try the above mentioned features out. I thought this product could capture info from INDb but I can figure out how to do it. So far the best software I found for this is MediaPortal, their UI is simple and I pointed it to my folder and it went out and got all the IMDb info for my videos. But I reallt don't like the look and feel as My UI. If anyone knows of any other software which easily interfaces to IMDb please let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Administrator

See the sticky at the top of this Customizations forum section for a list of customizations -- getting IMDB is not built into the base product.

You can access network paths for imports via UNC paths or mapped drive letters. If you use service mode, you have to use UNC patsh & the service has to be configured to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access those paths.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM

This is just to complicated, it should be easier!

I just completely set up and indexed via IMDb all 565 movies I have in less than 2 hours with Media Portal. This is the way software should be, easy , intuitive, simple. I customized the UI, added plug-ins and set up environment. SIMPLE! Full featured. and FREE!!!