SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

changing channel causes blockiness/stuttering...

Well--i fixed one issue I was having which can be found in this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...582#post249582

but now I have another. If I am watching "Live TV" and a new time slot comes on (like i'm watching a show from 8:30-9:00) and I continue watching the next show, once the new timeslot begins, i get blockiness/stuttering.

Once this happens, if I stop the playback completely and start it up again everything is fine. Isn't there a setting which says to always tune channel? would turning this on/off fix this?
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 12-17-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

I'm bumping this because it is still happening somewhat randomly. Just noticed that this morning it was also happening whenever I changed the channel. So if I am watching channel 3, then change to channel 44 as it starts to record the new stream i get 'blockiness' throughout the picture. Stopping and starting the recording always fixes the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM

The same thing happens to me too. I just upgraded my Sage and also upgraded drivers to see if that would help, but it doesnt seem to. Once its in this "scrambled" mode, changing the channel doesn't seem to help nor does it make a difference which TV card is being used.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

I have noticed this too, only occasionally.

For me it only happens when I watch live TV and forget commercials aren’t detected. I forget this and try to FF passed them. This is where the blockiness and stuttering kick in. My solution so far has been to skip back one jump (~10 secs) and then all is good. It's like I’m too close to the real time recording and it’s not able to record and stream simultaneously… It’s not a big deal since I rewind just a bit…

I’ve been curious if others experience this too… At least its not just me.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 PM

Under Windows XP 32 Bit, I would get a pause at the top of the hour when the guide would change over, but the screen would come back fine. I've installed Windows 7 RC 64 Bit and have Sage setup without a guide designated. It is tuned to channel 3 and I run everything from the STB. Now at the top of the hour it seems like Sage sometimes loses tuning. The entire screen is scrambled and to get it back, I have to put it into stand-by, then reopen it. I don't know why guide updates interfere with playback.