SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage User

Cinergy 2400i on 6.2.x & 6.3.x

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone out there's successfully using a Cinergy 2400i on 6.2.x or 6.3.x. Specifically anyone who's using Sage to directly drive the tuning of the 2400.

I'm asking because I've been a 6.1.8 user for some time, but wondered if I could benefit from the updates in the later releases (particularly performance improvements). I have found that DVB-T on 6.1.8 work OK. However any attempt to use 6.2.10 or 6.3.4RC2 result in the "No Signal" message. Re-installing 6.1.8 resolves the problem.

I am also using custom built frq files, and I'm not scanning when removing/adding the video source, since I don't want to trash my settings. Also I've just upgraded to the latest TerraTec drivers (1.0.3.266), but this has had no noticeable effect on the situation. I'm also using NielM's multi line-up plugin, but there's no evidence that this is causing the problem.

As always, any feedback is gratefully received!!

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by SteveB; 12-11-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Just wondered if anyone out there's successfully using a Cinergy 2400i on 6.2.x or 6.3.x.
The Cinergy works great with 6.2.x and 6.3.x.

However the frq file format have changed. When you upgrade, those files are not converted (I reported this but...). So you'll have to do a new scan (or edit your current frq file manually).

Quote:
I am also using custom built frq files, and I'm not scanning when removing/adding the video source, since I don't want to trash my settings.
So, you'll have to edit them to suit the new format (install 6.3.x, then backup sage.properties and frq file), do a channel scan, shutdown SageTV, then use the new frq files as a template to your existing frq files. Replace the sage.properties and frq files by the one you saved and modified manually.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Hi Stéphane,

Thank you for your advice, you are indeed correct. I feel slightly embarrassed that I didn't pick this up in the release notes or documentation.

Having taken a backup of my working 6.1.18 install, I upgraded to 6.3.4RC2. I then removed the two video sources of the 2400i, reinstalled them, and performed a scan and logical re-mapping of the channels to match my XML line-up. The end result works well, with the exception that I think the scan didn't pickup all the channels broadcast from my chosen transmitter (Crystal Palace).

I’m pleasantly surprised to see that 6.3.4RC2 appears a little more responsive than 6.1.8. However I think a hardware upgrade is probably due, as the Athlon 3000+ makes it feel a little underpowered.

So I’ll now need to investigate:
  • The channel scan and detection, against those broadcast from Crystal Palace.
  • Resolution of the start-up screen chosen by Sage in a multi-monitor setup. (Here Sage selects the correct screen as long as it’s not running in Service Mode).
Anyway, thanks again.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by SteveB; 12-11-2007 at 08:04 AM.