SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

View Poll Results: How many HD Extenders did you order?
1 118 83.69%
2 16 11.35%
3 5 3.55%
4 1 0.71%
5 1 0.71%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
With the "Trial" software running I tried to add the extender key and it will not take it.
I ordered mine last night but I've only been playing with Sage about 3 days so far under the trial. I was going to wait for a bundle, but I figured if the HD Extender passes "the test", then I will buy the software and placeshifter/client licenses. Are you saying that I won't be able to try out my new extender that's coming until I enter a valid 6.3 key?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrog View Post
Are you saying that I won't be able to try out my new extender that's coming until I enter a valid 6.3 key?
It should work in trial mode, but will probably have the word "trial" on the screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It should work in trial mode, but will probably have the word "trial" on the screen.

- Andy
Maybe for others, but it tells me I have 0 extender licenses when I start to put the new one in and then it says the key is invalid or duplicated when I cut and past the new extender key into the box....

Still waiting (trying to be paitent) for sage support to reply to the email I sent them yesterday.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Maybe for others, but it tells me I have 0 extender licenses when I start to put the new one in and then it says the key is invalid or duplicated when I cut and past the new extender key into the box....

Still waiting (trying to be paitent) for sage support to reply to the email I sent them yesterday.
If it considers the trial mode expired, then it won't work as a trial. I don't know how to solve your issue, so your request to support is the correct move.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Andy,

How long does it usually take for them to reply to a simple support request (like replacing a lost key). I got no acknowledgement that they recieved the request and it only took a couple of hours to get a replacement key for the
R5000. Since it has been over a day, I'm worried they did not get the email.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Typically, they are responsive. With the HD extender being shipped and all, they are probably a little busy, right now - maybe you adjust the subject of your email a bit, stating it's not flavius asking about his HD extender order
Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How long does it usually take for them to reply to a simple support request (like replacing a lost key). I got no acknowledgement that they recieved the request and it only took a couple of hours to get a replacement key for the R5000. Since it has been over a day, I'm worried they did not get the email.
Well, they say within 72 hours, but I have no idea what response time is average for the last couple days considering all the extenders needing to be shipped. You should check your spam folder(s) though, because their replies go there sometimes.

- Andy
Old 12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

Well ya'll all have fun with your extenders. I'll use mine as a paper weight until they get all ya'll shipped.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Well, they say within 72 hours, but I have no idea what response time is average for the last couple days considering all the extenders needing to be shipped. You should check your spam folder(s) though, because their replies go there sometimes.

- Andy
I actually just did something similar late last week (asked how many licenses I own). Took 3ish days for the first response, still waiting on the follow-up question, but i'll give them miles of room the next few weeks given that they're, oh, just a little busy right now :-)
Old 12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I remember when I bought a version 2 license it came with a warning not to lose it. Believe me it has been kept SAFE !!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
I actually just did something similar late last week (asked how many licenses I own). Took 3ish days for the first response, still waiting on the follow-up question, but i'll give them miles of room the next few weeks given that they're, oh, just a little busy right now :-)
They need to change the email address to lackofsupport@sagetv.com. How long can it take ot look up a license and put it in an email. Maybe 5 minutes. I wish I had not bought the upgrade license. If I hadn't, I'd just buy the full version again and eat the extra $40.

So maybe Friday I'll get the follow up question. A week later they will send the key and then I'll be out of town for a week for xmas and then another week for Disney world. So I guess I'll let my dogs play with their friggin extender until the second week of January. I love sage's product, but the support sucks raw eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
I remember when I bought a version 2 license it came with a warning not to lose it. Believe me it has been kept SAFE !!!
As I said it took the R5000 people less than 2 hours to fullfill the same request.