SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Help with manage dvd online

I am still new to sage so be easy coming from media center. I am running the newest version of sage media center. I have two questions

1. When I add a network location for instance
\\mce-main\dvd big 1
where I have several dvd's saved in their own named folder with sub video_ts folders as required it is not adding a single movie??

2. How do I import from dvd profiler? I export the xml and point sage to the location but everytime I try I get cannot find xml.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. When I add a network location for instance
\\mce-main\dvd big 1
where I have several dvd's saved in their own named folder with sub video_ts folders as required it is not adding a single movie??
Have you checked permissions?

Are you running in service mode? If so, the service needs to be configured to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access that location.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

opus,
You are very helpful.I know I have permission as I can access all these folders in windows and media center. I also cannot add pictures from network drive so something is definately not clicking. Elaborate on service mode I am not fully understanding this.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Service mode is described around p. 14 of the v6.3 PDF manual. But, if you aren't using service mode, then that wouldn't be an issue.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Answered my own question the service was the problem I owe you another thanks. Now if I could just get commercial skip working.

Edit: I got the movies working but the pictures are still not working from a remote location what would be causing this?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I got the movies working but the pictures are still not working from a remote location what would be causing this?
If the permissions allow it, then I'm not sure...

What file format are the pictures?

Those paths are configured to import photos?

- Andy
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Can't get pictures from network location

Okay I have one more problem (did I mention I love sagetv over vista media center)
I cannot get my pictures to show up in pictures. They are in a network loation and I have added it to the imported folders. The wierd thing is if I hit play slide show it starts showing the pictures. But there i nothing to view in my pictures. I have hit thumbnails and it says creating but they never show up?? thanks for any help

* merged *
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I merged your question here; you may have missed my reply above.

- Andy