SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up Video files in the same folders as VIDEO_TS not visible

I have noticed something and I am not sure if it was for real so can somebody please verify this.

I use following structure for my home made DVDs

DVDs
DVD_NAME
dvd_name.avi
VIDEO_TS
*.vob

The dvd_name.avi or dvd_name.mp4 is within folder DVD_NAME and is sibling of VIDEO_TS. When I received HD Media extender and before I updated the firmware I recall (but I am not sure since it was 3am :-) I was able to see both the dvd_name.avi and VIDEO_TS. Now when I go to DVDs folder, I just see DVD_NAME as DVD and when I click on it, it starts playing it, but there doesn't seems to be a way how to access dvd_name.avi.

Thank you
Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Administrator

What STV are you using? I have test videos set up like that and can browse to them just fine in the video browser's Folder view.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage Expert

Andy, I assume STV means Sage TV. I have 6.3.5 trial accessed by HD Media Extenter. If I access it via folders and I go to DVDs folder I have option to browse the folder. Then when I go to the DVD_NAME folder I have only option to watch the movie rather then browser the folder. That means I do not have option to browse the folder to access my avi file. I believe before the upgrade I had the option, since I do recall at one point actually seeing the VIDEO_TS folder. Now I do not see it anymore, only the upper folder. I also noticed that my formatting for removed so the directory structure is

DVDs
---DVD_NAME
------dvd_name.avi
------VIDEO_TS
---------*.vob
Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
Andy, I assume STV means Sage TV.
No, STV means the STV file you are using for the interface. This is reported on the System Information screen. (Use the Info commands on the Main Menu for easy access.) The default STV is SageTV3.xml.

Quote:
DVDs
---DVD_NAME
------dvd_name.avi
------VIDEO_TS
---------*.vob
Which one is the import directory?

Do you have the Folder Display Style set to Combined or Separate? (Use Options command in the video browser) If combined, the videos may be listed in the root view.

Is the avi shown on the 'Titles' view? If so, then it is imported & should be listed _somewhere_. However, I was told a long time ago that this would not be a valid DVD directory structure, so it may be undefined as to whether the file even gets imported there.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Sage Expert

I haven't changed anything on the server so I assuming I am using the default one whatever it is.

The import directory is actually 2 levels above DVDs.
The folder style was set to combined but when I changed it it didn't make any difference.
The avi is not shows on the Titles view when i search for it by name. It has the same name (e.g. dvd_name) and it finds the dvd but not the avi.

I swear i was able to see it at one time because I attempted to play it as well as attempted to play the DVD by selecting the VIDEO_TS folder. The only thing I have changed was the firmware update. Now I cannot get to it at all and I cannot see the VIDEO_TS folder. I think something has changed that doesn't allow me to see the VIDEO_TS folder and therefore I cannot access that file.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Nothing on the extender determines whether an imported file is listed; that is all handled by the server.

The fact that it has the same name as the DVD might be part of the issue, but I haven't tried anything like that.

If the file isn't even listed on the Titles browser view, then it wasn't imported at all. You could try enabling debug logging, add a new video to that location, then refresh the library to see if it sees the video.

Just so you know: I don't think SageTV will consider this a bug because extra videos aren't really expected to be in the DVD's directory structure, as I mentioned above.

- Andy