SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Program Guide is not working

I have been using SageTV since Sep. Today I noticed the Program Guide shows "No Data" for every channel in every time slot. After trying a few things I decided to uninstall SageTV and reinstall. No difference. Then I uninstalled SageTV, deleted the SageTV subdir, and reinstalled.

I am partway through the Setup Wizard. I select "Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source" ... select Cable ... when I enter the Zip Code I get the msg, "There was an error connecting to the SageTV Server ...."

Note that the TV Tuner does connect properly and display TV programs. Please advise.

cte

SageTV 6.2.10
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150
WinXP
Old 12-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Have you checked the firewall ports? There is one that needs to be open to get EPG data.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Andy, you hit it on the money. Late last night, I downloaded version 3. After installing it my anti-virus popped up ... and then I remembered the anti-virus complaining a week ago or so when I was trying to resolve a different issue. Everything works now. Thanks!